In camera HDR - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

In camera HDR

• 5 Replies
In camera HDR
« on: 18 / January / 2010, 15:39:44 »
Advertisements
Hi,

We run a company  www.pano-pro.com that produces one shot panoramas, and 360 video tours. We are willing to pay someone to write some script that will do in camera HDR from three images rather than just from one shot.

Please contact me using contact form on our web site.

Thx

Tom

Re: In camera HDR
« Reply #1 on: 18 / January / 2010, 15:49:39 »
With all due respect, it would take a lot more than 'a script'.

For all practical purposes, it is not possible.

« Reply #2 on: 18 / January / 2010, 18:02:20 »
Yes, you need more than a script, you should modify the source code of CHDK adding some functions and a menu option to select the three images and get the HDR image. The idea will be similar to RAW Merge features, but with more algorithms.

« Reply #3 on: 18 / January / 2010, 18:06:12 »
If anyone can do this with Raw merge algorithms, or any other way in the camera, I would be interested to pay. We understand that it is not a quick job and will pay accordingly.

Thx

Tom

Pano Pro Ltd

Offline reyalp

« Reply #4 on: 18 / January / 2010, 22:46:57 »
See http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2.0.html #4

In any case, it is far better to do image processing after the fact on the PC. Since you already have the software to convert the photos, and this is required to use the product, it would be logical to add support there for using 3 bracketed images to make an HDR rather than trying to do it on the camera. There may be some existing software you could use behind the scenes to do this.

Alternately, if you shoot CRW or DNG, you will be able to get slightly more dynamic range. Again, standard tools can be used to convert this to jpeg.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #5 on: 19 / January / 2010, 06:34:37 »
Hi,

Sorry didnt see the rules part. I understand what you are saying, but we plan to have our user upload the photos direct to our server without any processing. If they have to upload 3 * 50 Raw photos rather than just 50 jpegs will take them forever, that why we wanted to try and do processing online.

Many thanks for your reply though.

Tom