My G9 died. Will the G11 or S90 be hacked anytime soon? - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

My G9 died. Will the G11 or S90 be hacked anytime soon?

• 9 Replies
My G9 died. Will the G11 or S90 be hacked anytime soon?
« on: 15 / October / 2009, 14:04:17 »
Advertisements
My late-great G9 finally died.  I'm looking at the G11 or the S90, but want to be able boot it with CHDK sometime soon.

Does anyone have any idea which camera will become CHDK-hacked first?  I noticed that the G10 has not been hacked yet.  Which makes me wonder if the G11 will be opened up anytime soon.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

And many many thanks to the people that have the brains to open up Canons via CHDK.

Tom
Fairbanks, Alaska

Re: My G9 died. Will the G11 or S90 be hacked anytime soon?
« Reply #2 on: 07 / November / 2009, 22:47:08 »
i was wondering the same thing (about the s90), i realize from the FAQ that there's no time line for this stuff, but i think its fair to ask the community if anyone is currently, or will be working on this. posting links to stuff we've probably read doesn't really answer this question. 
So does anyone know if this is or will be worked on?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 07 / November / 2009, 23:22:51 »
i was wondering the same thing (about the s90), i realize from the FAQ that there's no time line for this stuff, but i think its fair to ask the community if anyone is currently, or will be working on this. posting links to stuff we've probably read doesn't really answer this question. 
So does anyone know if this is or will be worked on?
If someone here is working on a camera, there will be a development thread for it and a link on the cameras wiki page. Think about it: If someone on this forum were working on the camera, then they would post about it. So if there is no development thread, you can safely conclude that no one here is working on it.

This FAQ entry was written specifically to address this question. I've updated to be even more explicit on this point.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 07 / November / 2009, 23:59:25 »
ok thank you for clearing that up. i guess i'll sit and wait. if i get one anytime soon i'd be glad to do anything i can short of coding to help out with this.

« Reply #5 on: 05 / December / 2009, 18:34:15 »
Thank you, cakenworthy, for posting the question, even if premature.  My question is not only premature, but naive:

I have a particular need for a remote shutter release and would love to hear from forum members who may know enough about the S90 to EXPECT that it WILL BE hacked (or not).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #6 on: 05 / December / 2009, 19:35:57 »
I have a particular need for a remote shutter release and would love to hear from forum members who may know enough about the S90 to EXPECT that it WILL BE hacked (or not).
The previous posts in this thread and the linked FAQ entry answer this question. There is no way to know when or if this camera will be supported.

« Reply #7 on: 06 / December / 2009, 02:01:59 »
Are there OTHER members who may know "enough about the S90 to expect that it will be hacked (or not)?" 

Offline reyalp

« Reply #8 on: 06 / December / 2009, 02:24:20 »
Are there OTHER members who may know "enough about the S90 to expect that it will be hacked (or not)?"  
It's not a matter of someone knowing "enough" about the camera. This is completely unrelated to when or if it will be supported.

As you should have found from the wiki page http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/S90 there is a development thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4509.0.html but so far there has been little activity or progress. If there is progress, it will be reported there.
« Last Edit: 06 / December / 2009, 02:37:53 by reyalp »

« Reply #9 on: 02 / January / 2010, 13:38:49 »

My late-great G9 finally died.  I'm looking at the G11 or the S90, but want to be able boot it with CHDK sometime soon.
UPDATE: The firmware of the G11 has been dumped 2 days ago. Porting of CHDK to the G11 is in heavy development stage.  8)

-kingcang