Updating Firmware for Canon G11 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Updating Firmware for Canon G11

• 4 Replies
Updating Firmware for Canon G11
« on: 23 / January / 2010, 13:15:04 »
Advertisements
Hi there.

I'm very new to CHDK and very lost. 

My Canon G11 has firmware version 1.00H, but CHDK is available in Beta only for firmware version 1.00J.  Am I right in assuming that the current build won't work for my camera?  Is it possible for me to update to 1.00J using a dump or some other means?  In case it matters, I'm a Mac user.

Thanks!

Re: Updating Firmware for Canon G11
« Reply #1 on: 23 / January / 2010, 13:38:58 »
Sorry for the dumb questions.  I now understand that the dumps are for developing CHDK, not updating firmware. 

Maybe I'm out of luck.

« Reply #2 on: 23 / January / 2010, 14:13:43 »
Yep, for now your are out of luck, until someone makes a build for your firmware version.
You can help by dumping your firmware and providing it to the community.

« Reply #3 on: 23 / January / 2010, 14:29:12 »
Thanks, Sandeman.

That's very helpful.

Offline ERR99

« Reply #4 on: 24 / January / 2010, 15:10:54 »
Hi there.

I'm very new to CHDK and very lost. 

My Canon G11 has firmware version 1.00H, but CHDK is available in Beta only for firmware version 1.00J.  Am I right in assuming that the current build won't work for my camera? 

Oh dear, yet another FW-Version for the G11.
How many version has canon released during production until now?  :blink:

Okay, you can try if the 1.00J CHDK Beta 2 is running on your camera. If it is not booting and camera "looks dead", your firmware need adaptions for CHDK. But maybe you are lucky. The 1.00J build for example, also works with G11 FW-Version 1.00K, because there are no major changes in the firmware.

Anyway it would be great if you can "dump" you firmware version. So please try my modified g11 udumper version, you can find it here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4647.msg46175.html#msg46175

And to answer the question that would come for sure: I dont know the steps on a apple machine to create a bootable udumper sd-card without cardtricks.exe, but i think there was a some hints in the wiki to create a bootable sd-card with a mac