Building Extended Flash for Sx100Is. - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Building Extended Flash for Sx100Is.

• 2 Replies
Building Extended Flash for Sx100Is.
« on: 03 / February / 2010, 22:51:25 »
Advertisements
Here is my new little DIY.. Extended Flash for Canon Powershoot SX100Is... its function is almost the same with Digital Pro Slave Flash that sell in ebay.. but I will need to make it more elegent in future... and since this is only the prototype as the next level.. I will integrate this DIY with the USB remote triger for Sx100IS.. hehhe

Offline Ruta9

Re: Building Extended Flash for Sx100Is.
« Reply #1 on: 04 / February / 2010, 14:08:07 »
That's a cool project.
Disposable cameras are really hard to come by where I live. So I had to buy a "proper" slave flash.
But I would've loved to build my own flash. I built a C shaped flash bracket though, I'll post some pics soon.

Re: Building Extended Flash for Sx100Is.
« Reply #2 on: 16 / February / 2010, 01:56:19 »
Unfortunately I can't read the text, but be careful of the sync voltage of those disposable camera flashes.  The ones I have are over 100v so it makes it harder to trigger.   I think a lot of people use a SCR or optoisolator to separate the high sync voltage from the camera. 

I am very curious about how you trigger it, I guess you turn on the USB power + flash at the same time and you didn't use a optical slave trigger