A650is "allbest-16 build" whitebalance reset after leaving chdk menu - page 2 - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A650is "allbest-16 build" whitebalance reset after leaving chdk menu

• 14 Replies
Re: A650is "allbest-16 build" whitebalance reset after leaving chdk menu
« Reply #10 on: 12 / February / 2008, 01:16:59 »
Advertisements

Thanks for the information but I'm not a programmer too, so its better to wait for a new version of dcraw to support A650 raw files.

The DNG converter beta now supports the A650. http://dng4ps2.chat.ru/index_en.html

I've only tried it briefly. It looks pretty good on an iso 80 outdoor shot with IT8 target in it. On an indoor shot at iso 400, it did some strange purple splotches in the noisy shadows that I can't get rid of in ACR adjustments.

I installed  the DJGPP c compiler and with some email help from Dave Coffin managed to compile a version of dcraw that supports the A650. Unfortunately, it will not run under Vista, but works fine under XP.

dcraw is dos box command line only, so less pretty than the DNG converter, but more powerful and flexible and the results in the shadows are fine.  :)

The Vista issue is an MS issue, which may or may not go away with final SP1. The official releases of dcraw don't have that limitation, being compiled with different compilers that use the MS API.

All the other, GUI converters that rely on dcraw will support the A650 sooner or later. Guess I'll be batch converting using dcraw on the old XP box until RawThrerapee supports the A650 and I can compare it to dcraw alone.

Moose

« Reply #11 on: 01 / April / 2008, 14:36:44 »
...the 720 I know has a ton of NR on the jpegs, compared to a decent camera the shots look like crayon work.

but I am banging my head against the wall trying to get this to work on my a650 (meanwhile I saw this the day after I bought a g9, just for this reason)

I have formatted an 8GB SDHD card in fat16 using 32k and 64k clusters, set the switch to write, used multiple diskboot.bin files...it just ain't happening...every time the system tells me that the card is locked and I see no special items...yet here I see two guys at least that have it working...what am I doing differently?

thanks

ps the -16 link above is to a corrupted zip file anyone have a working version of code that they are willing to share? plus a directory listing?

« Reply #12 on: 01 / April / 2008, 18:32:08 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:48:24 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #13 on: 02 / April / 2008, 02:28:53 »
Or am I mistaken and the A650 is one of those DRY-OS cameras that require the auto-booting method to load?
Yep. ;)
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #14 on: 02 / April / 2008, 06:34:51 »
The A650 IS is one of the cameras that currently requires auto-booting to load CHDK.

Given that this thread is about AllBest build 16, and touristguy87 put his questions in 5 different threads, how about we direct any more discussion on touristguy87's question to Can't load CHDK on A650.  The other 4 threads have additional subjects covered within the thread, and would just end up a bit more clutered.