SD3500 CHDK? - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SD3500 CHDK?

• 8 Replies
SD3500 CHDK?
« on: 06 / March / 2010, 13:10:51 »
Advertisements
Hey guys, I just got myself an SD3500 and am about to travel with it. I was hoping I could get it shooting in RAW before I leave, and was curious if I can use a previously released CHDK or if I could somehow contribute (financially?!) and rush through a version for the 3500. Let me know! Thanks a bunch

Offline Awol

Re: SD3500 CHDK?
« Reply #2 on: 09 / December / 2010, 14:29:14 »
I'm thinking about getting an SD3500 (IXUS 210). But I need CHDK for long exposures!
How likely is it that this will ever get ported? Seems like the touch screen might be a difficulty.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 10 / December / 2010, 01:48:05 »
I'm thinking about getting an SD3500 (IXUS 210). But I need CHDK for long exposures!
How likely is it that this will ever get ported? Seems like the touch screen might be a difficulty.
-->
See http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._My_camera_isn.27t_ported_yet._Is_a_port_planned.C2.A0.3F_When_will_it_be_ready.C2.A0.3F_How_can_I_help.C2.A0.3F
>:(

Offline Awol

« Reply #4 on: 10 / December / 2010, 06:24:15 »
I read that. I'm not blind or stupid. Just trying to let people know that there's more than one person who would appreciate a port for this camera. That page bears little relevance to my question though, which could be more succinctly rephrased as: Does this camera's all-touchscreen nature make porting for it an impossibility? By the way, your link is broken.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #5 on: 10 / December / 2010, 12:48:33 »
I read that. I'm not blind or stupid. Just trying to let people know that there's more than one person who would appreciate a port for this camera.
It doesn't matter how many people want it. The point that page attempts to make is that the ONLY thing that really matters is having a developer who wants it.
That page bears little relevance to my question though, which could be more succinctly rephrased as: Does this camera's all-touchscreen nature make porting for it an impossibility?
I would expect this to add significant difficulty but it should still be possible. ISTR that Radup successfully interfaced with the touch screen stuff on sd980.

If you are buying a camera for CHDK, I'd avoid this one.
By the way, your link is broken.
Forum seems to do that on quoted links. :(
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Awol

« Reply #6 on: 10 / December / 2010, 18:29:45 »
It doesn't matter how many people want it. The point that page attempts to make is that the ONLY thing that really matters is having a developer who wants it.
Well, if there is a developer who owns an SD3500 but for one reason or another hasn't got round to starting the port, I thought it might be encouraging to have the knowledge that other people would appreciate the work.

I would expect this to add significant difficulty but it should still be possible. ISTR that Radup successfully interfaced with the touch screen stuff on sd980.

If you are buying a camera for CHDK, I'd avoid this one.
Thanks a lot for the advice man! That's basically what I wanted to know. And thanks for mentioning the SD980 too... I think I'll actually get that one! I hadn't realized that there was a Canon point-and-shoot with a 24mm lens besides the SD3500. I need wide angle and long exposure, and it looks like the SD980 port is a lot further along.

:)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #7 on: 10 / December / 2010, 23:06:04 »
I thought it might be encouraging to have the knowledge that other people would appreciate the work.
Always nice, but given the amount of work involved, this tends to be a pretty minor factor. I'm over 50 hours into the d10 port, and I had already completed another port and knew my way around CHDK pretty well before I started.
And thanks for mentioning the SD980 too... I think I'll actually get that one!
Keep in mind that there isn't a finished sd980 port at this point, and there isn't any particular schedule or guarantee it will be finished.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Awol

« Reply #8 on: 10 / December / 2010, 23:27:37 »
Keep in mind that there isn't a finished sd980 port at this point, and there isn't any particular schedule or guarantee it will be finished.
I was happy using a beta on my SD990 (which I believe you ported... thanks :)) until it got stolen. I think the SD980's old firmware has a fairly polished beta, but the new version does not yet. Still, people are actually working on it. I have a better chance of getting CHDK on the SD980 someday than on the SD3500, and those two cameras are my only options if I'm adamant about having a 24mm lens.