Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v2 - page 4 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v2

• 63 Replies
Re: Yet Another Sunset Script (yass) v2
« Reply #30 on: 17 / April / 2013, 20:57:33 »
Advertisements
Yass2 seems promising, I'd really like to try it out.
This is probably the best sunset script I've seen :
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=3079.msg31644#msg31644
And its coded to work regardless of the propcase your camera uses.

Note that there are several scripts posted on that thread - the one I just linked is camera independent.  I also update the scripting link in the wikia for the sunset16 script to point to that specific post.   

I'll fix the yass script to be camera independent in the next couple of days and put together a wikia page with all the sunset scripts updated (rather than links to 5 year old forum thread downloads that probably won't work)>
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #31 on: 18 / April / 2013, 02:32:31 »
I've tried to use sunsetF16 script before and it just displayed some errors.
I'm guessing it's too old for the current chdk build.

Currently I'm using this script:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=7757.0
I's almost perfect, but too slow for some tasks - 1 frame for 5 seconds or more.
That's why I tried to use yass, because it's optimized for speed.

« Reply #32 on: 18 / April / 2013, 10:09:43 »
I've tried to use sunsetF16 script before and it just displayed some errors.
I'm guessing it's too old for the current chdk build.
There are (at least) three versions of the sunsetF16 script posted on the forum.  The most recent one looks clean and should work with current CHDK releases.  I'll do some testing this weekend and report back.

"Optimized" is a relative term.  The fastest script for shooting speeds that I've seen that works with all cameras and no special tricks is   http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Fast_Shooter_Intervalometer

« Reply #33 on: 18 / April / 2013, 11:39:23 »
I was talking about a fastest script that can change exposure automatically.
I know fast shooter intervalometer, it isn't what I'm looking for now.

« Reply #34 on: 19 / April / 2013, 18:10:12 »
I was talking about a fastest script that can change exposure automatically. I know fast shooter intervalometer, it isn't what I'm looking for now.
I'm recoding and testing yass as a  Lua script now and making it camera independent.   It looks like a nice script but quite frankly there is nothing there that is in any way "optimized for speed".  Its just a normal time delay shooting loop that uses the "shoot()" command rather than many of the more recent speed optimizations that have been developed.   I'll roll those in as I complete the conversion.

« Reply #35 on: 20 / April / 2013, 01:35:39 »
The author of Yass wrote
Goal of YASS: Need for speed! MUST GO FAST! Make it simple to use.

Therefore, I thought that it's fast...

Thanks for working on rewriting the script. I'd really like to try out the new version :)

« Reply #36 on: 20 / April / 2013, 09:38:53 »
The author of Yass wrote
Goal of YASS: Need for speed! MUST GO FAST! Make it simple to use.

Therefore, I thought that it's fast...

Thanks for working on rewriting the script. I'd really like to try out the new version :)

I also decreased the pause times and removed nearly all the code comments and remarks to make the script process faster.
Removing comments & remarks really doesn't change script performance but it does make it hard to maintain.

BTW,  if you want the fastest sunset scripts,  you probably should read through lapser's shot histogram request thread.  Its still a work in progress and requires a custom build from lapser but nothing here will be nearly as fast.
« Last Edit: 20 / April / 2013, 09:56:15 by waterwingz »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #37 on: 20 / April / 2013, 17:12:21 »
Removing comments & remarks really doesn't change script performance but it does make it hard to maintain.
This is true now, but comments did have the same 10ms execution time as other ubasic instructions when this script was written...
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #38 on: 20 / April / 2013, 17:46:10 »
This is true now, but comments did have the same 10ms execution time as other ubasic instructions when this script was written...
When I said that removing them doesn't change script performance,  I should have said that comments at 10mSec each do not have a big effect on performance when the shoot() command takes 2 to 4 seconds to execute.

« Reply #39 on: 20 / April / 2013, 17:48:12 »
When I said that removing them doesn't change script performance,  I should have said that comments at 10mSec each do not have a big effect on performance when the shoot() command takes 2 to 4 seconds to execute.

Only if they are not placed somewhere in a loop that runs many times in a cycle :) Forgive me this offtopic.
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick