CHKD Release 882 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

CHKD Release 882

• 3 Replies
CHKD Release 882
« on: 22 / March / 2010, 23:51:54 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I am using PowerShot S3IS camera and I have upgraded the CHDK firmware version on the camera to release 882 from the previous one.
I kept the old configuration of CHDK.CFG file and I noticed that sometime the menu screen is suddenly disappeared. Is there any compatibility problem with the old configuration file?

This camera only supports apperture up to 8. Does apperture setting of 16 can really applicable for this camera? I tested by using apperture 16, but in the review mode - the miscellaneous value only showed Av: 8.

And the shortest setting of shutterspeed of 1/100K, in playback mode - it only measured 1/3200 by camera. Does my camera really support CHDK extended capability?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Tan

Re: CHKD Release 882
« Reply #1 on: 23 / March / 2010, 01:51:28 »
Hi,

To be precised on how the menu is suddenly disappear. I set the User Menu Enable option: On Direct.
So when I press Shortcut button to open Main Menu, then I press down button to scroll down, the menu sometime disappear by itself. This symptom is not consistent, but it happened more than once since I open the menu a lot to explore CHDK.

Thanks,
Tan

Offline reyalp

« Reply #2 on: 23 / March / 2010, 19:04:03 »
The EXIF data do not reflect override values in most cases.

The menu disappearing is normal, it generally happens when the canon firmware updates the screen. The canon firmware isn't aware of CHDK, so it nukes the CHDK display when it updates. This happens more frequently in modes where the canon firmware updates more frequently. Generally, doing some CHDK action (like using up or down in a menu) will force the CHDK stuff to redraw.

For further information on both cases, see my sig ;)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #3 on: 23 / March / 2010, 22:25:35 »
Hi,

Thank you for your explanation.

P.S: execuse me, I don't understand what you mean with "see my sig"

Regards,
Tan