Build 31 - page 2 - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum

Build 31

• 29 Replies
Re: Build 31
« Reply #10 on: 10 / February / 2008, 20:27:01 »
Advertisements
Hello,

Firstly, great work by those who have managed to get this project up and running, and to those who keep it running.

I have an ixus800 (sd700) with the 1.00B firmware. Alas Build 31 wasn't available for this firmware (it is for the 1.01B firmware for the same camera). As such I downloaded the code (via SVN) and tried to work out why it didn't build.

Turns out GetFocusLensSubjectDistanceFromLens is missing. It exists in the 1.01B firmware. I managed to locate the method and added it manually to the stubs_entry_2.S for my camera and firmware. The build works now, and the camera appears to show the correct values when focusing. I measured the distances with a ruler and they look good up to the point of the known focus readout problems with this camera ( see http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,321.msg3348.html#msg3348 )

I would be grateful if someone could add this to the trunk (in the correct location). Here is the line I added, I guess it really should be in the stubs_entry.S, but I didn't know how to get it added to that file as it is tells me it is a generated file and not to edit it.

Code: [Select]
NHSTUB(GetFocusLensSubjectDistanceFromLens, 0xFFAB54EC)
Thanks,
Westie

Offline ixus

• SD1000/IXUS70
« Reply #11 on: 11 / February / 2008, 13:55:05 »
Found the offending line of code for AV override menu item dissappearance....

#if !defined (CAMERA_ixus700_sd500) && !defined (CAMERA_ixus800_sd700) && !defined (CAMERA_a560) && !defined (CAMERA_ixus850_sd800) && !defined (CAMERA_ixus70_sd1000)
     {LANG_MENU_OVERRIDE_AV_VALUE,        MENUITEM_ENUM,    (int*)gui_av_override_enum },

Why is AV override disabled for the sd1000? I load build #30, which has AV override enabled and it works fine. Please fix for build #32.

Update 1:

Hmm, just enabled the sd1000 av override menu item, compiled and did some testing....

It seems that the AV value either reverts to f2.8 or f8.0. Can anyone else verify this? Even if this is the case, the menu item should be enabled and set to these 2 values.

Update 2:

After playing around for a while, it seems that the camera has only 2 f-stops to begin with, f2.8 and f8.0. There is no other f-stops unless you zoom at which point f-stops change by the zoom step. If anyone can find other f-stops without any zoom, please post your steps.
« Last Edit: 11 / February / 2008, 20:36:00 by ixus »

Offline ixus

• SD1000/IXUS70
« Reply #12 on: 11 / February / 2008, 14:20:02 »
Haven't figured out how to delete this post..... :blink:
« Last Edit: 11 / February / 2008, 20:04:00 by ixus »

Offline Jim

« Reply #13 on: 11 / February / 2008, 22:57:44 »
All Best.

Great Job on CHDK.

Been using these new features to take pictures from Kites in the air.   The scripts are great to control the camera when the kite and camera are 1000 feet above you.

One request that maybe you can help with.  Bit off thread - but maybe this is in one your builds and I just missed it.

Trying to set up a script sequence to do the following with an A570IS:
 - shoot stills, zoom in and out, different Evs, different brackets - all of this is now working great......  now comes the part where I need help......   
 - in the same script .... while the kite is in the air...... switch the DIAL MODE to video and caputre brief videos....
 - then loop back .... switch the DIAL MDOE back to Tv or Av......

Currently I can do stills in one script session OR video.  But I can not switch between them in one script with out manually "turning the dial".

Adding "Dial Mode" control would be a HUGH expansion of CHDK capability.  I am hoping you or one of the developers will give it shot.

Let me know. 

« Reply #14 on: 12 / February / 2008, 08:30:33 »
I have an ixus800 (sd700) with the 1.00B firmware.

allbest-ixus800_sd700-100b-31.zip
allbest-ixus800_sd700-100b-31.zip
allbest-ixus800_sd700-100b.zip

"Extra Photo Operations"
In this menu, missing "Override aperture value"?

Thanks

Offline procopio

• [ A650IS - CHDK - 4GB SDHC]
    • Oipo Corp.
« Reply #15 on: 12 / February / 2008, 13:39:40 »
Runing w/ no problems on my A650IS (4GB SDHC).

Thanks to the guys that made it possible!!! :D

Offline KF

« Reply #16 on: 12 / February / 2008, 15:10:58 »
Runing w/ no problems on my A650IS (4GB SDHC).

I too am running mostly w/o significant problems on a Canon A650IS.
When set to "EFL" the zoom readings are flaky going from 44 to negative numbers.

My biggest concern, however, is that I am presently using a FAT16 1GB card, but have an 8GB SDHC on the way.  Is your 4GB SDHC card operating as FAT16 or FAT32?  I am concerned about getting larger cards to work via "autobooting". 

KF

« Reply #17 on: 13 / February / 2008, 11:58:55 »
Jim Westie and other owners of ixus800-sd700
Please try this test build
Pseudo MF-mode was improved. You can enter this mode from alt-mode. After that you need to press key_up button. Now you are in MF mode. You can set focus to infiniyty by pressing key_display and to hyperfocal by pressing key_down.
You can manage focus distance by zooming in and zooming out. Value factor is changed by key_left and key right
You can exit from this mode by pressing KEY_UP again
Menu entries for operations with av was opened (this model has two aperture value while in minimal focus distance - 2.8 and 5.6. At maximum zoom value of 11 is achievable). You can observe this values in mescilaneous while in review mode
Index of /chdk/test/
Thanks

« Reply #18 on: 13 / February / 2008, 20:34:14 »
Jim Westie and other owners of ixus800-sd700
Please try this test build

Allbest, looks like it is working well for me. I'm not sure if there was a specific issue I should have been looking for. The infinite and hyperfocal presets seemed to do their respective jobs. Manual focus works well from the quick testing I gave it. But, as I think you are already aware, I am still not able to get a focus smaller than 0.100 - even though in the auto mode (with macro enabled) the camera can focus down to an actual distance of 0.070 without and real problems (the SD readout still says it is 0.100)

The Av override also appears to work, but I've not done much testing.

Note: Back of camera distances with no zoom.

Great Work! If there is a specific option you want tested let me know.
Westie

« Reply #19 on: 14 / February / 2008, 09:14:31 »
Allbest, all is working well on my A650IS so far. A question though.. I do not see the "Video Parameters" option? This is one of the things I'd love to be able to experiment with as I take lots of videos. A couple more questions from a newbie.. Is it possible to use the remote function, and what are some of the main limitations of the A650IS compared to other models while using your builds?

Great job on combining all the features of the other builds plus more!

Current Config: A650IS (USA model), 4GB SDHC/FAT 16

All said, AWESOME work!