Build 31 - page 3 - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Build 31

• 29 Replies
Re: Build 31
« Reply #20 on: 14 / February / 2008, 09:59:46 »
Advertisements
Hi, A650ISfan!
I do not see the "Video Parameters" option? May be it will be in some of the next builds
Unfortunately this feature is not investigated at present time for a650
Is it possible to use the remote function
Yes. It is possible
some of the main limitations of the A650IS compared to other models while using your builds?
No other limitations except of  capability to see subject distance from front surface of lens...
Thanks

Offline vit40

« Reply #21 on: 15 / February / 2008, 14:26:12 »
Allbest, may I report another issue connected with video mode ?

When I half press the shutter, change of focus distance isn't reflected in OSD panel (SD label), so I don't know if camera focused to right distance or not. Also, if I use set_focus commands within a script (which works now), change of focal distance isn't shown in OSD. Both worked in Ewavr's build

Thx

Offline wap4

• A720IS
« Reply #22 on: 18 / February / 2008, 04:44:21 »

I have one problem with Allbest build v31 for A720IS:-When I set Histogram display to R G B, it only
 shows red  and green channel.(The blue channel should be below it,but there is no place for it as the
green histogram is at the bottom!) Or am I missing something?

Edit:OK, I've just learnt how to modify OSD layout through OSD layout editor.But the default position of
histogram should not be what it is now.
« Last Edit: 18 / February / 2008, 06:12:26 by wap4 »

« Reply #23 on: 18 / February / 2008, 04:44:58 »
Hi Allbest,

I'm not having any luck getting the pseudo MF mode to work on my Ixus70/SD1000 (v1.01b).
I have set the following in the "Extra Photo Operations" menu
  • Override Subj. Dist. Valu: 1
  • Value factor (mm): 1

After exiting the menu, I enter into ALT mode.  The OSD shows:
  • SD: 1
  • Factor: 1

However, while in ALT mode, the zoom-in/out controls do not do anything.  Also pressing left/right keys do not change the value factor.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks.

« Reply #24 on: 18 / February / 2008, 11:52:53 »
Allbest, may I report another issue connected with video mode ?
When I half press the shutter, change of focus distance isn't reflected in OSD panel (SD label), so I don't know if camera focused to right distance or not.
Hi! But in this case you need to understand that camera will be refocussing every time and to control it necessary renew this information permanenttly
Also, if I use set_focus commands within a script (which works now), change of focal distance isn't shown in OSD. Both worked in Ewavr's build
Thx
What model are you using? And in what mode you do 'set_focus'?
When you in MF mode you'll see changing of focus distances at time of executing command 'set_focus' otherwise value of focus distance is  put in the buffer and applied in time of shoot. In OLD Ewavr build (and Grand build too) using of set_focus not in MF-mode don't result in seting of desirable focus distance in time of shoot

« Reply #25 on: 18 / February / 2008, 12:09:53 »
Hi Allbest,
I'm not having any luck getting the pseudo MF mode to work on my Ixus70/SD1000 (v1.01b).
Hi, Jive!
This mode have been tuned up for Ixus 800m (sd 700) and next build you'll see result for you camera (i hope current week)

Offline vit40

« Reply #26 on: 18 / February / 2008, 12:28:36 »
Hi Allbest

I'm using A620

So, in photo mode, when you half-press the shutter, camera will focus the subject (except in MF mode, of course) and this will be reflected to "SD" label in OSD. I'm frequently using this to check is focus distance about right before taking the shot. In Ewavr's build (dec '07), it worked the same way in video mode, so I could check the focus distance before start recording video. In Build #31 (and #33), change of focus isn't updated on half press (in video mode), so it's not possible to check focus distance before start recording (important in various dark places, clubs etc, when AF isn't accurate)

Of course, A620 doesn't refocus during video recording (like S series I presume), so I'm using a script with keys assigned to commands set_zoom_rel and set_focus, so I have zoom and manual focus, but changing the focus from script isn't shown in OSD either (although command set_focus does work from build #31 on - I added some print commands to the script to show me focal distance as a temporary solution). It doesn't matter if I selected MF before starting recording or not - on Ewavr's build focal distance change is shown in both cases

I don't know how Evawr's build behave on S series (is SD constantly updated with camera refocusing during video mode or not)
« Last Edit: 18 / February / 2008, 12:35:26 by vit40 »

« Reply #27 on: 18 / February / 2008, 12:31:24 »
Hi, Jive!
This mode have been tuned up for Ixus 800m (sd 700) and next build you'll see result for you camera (i hope current week)

Awesome!  Looking forward to it :)

Thanks.

« Reply #28 on: 19 / February / 2008, 04:09:34 »
I don't know how Evawr's build behave on S series (is SD constantly updated with camera refocusing during video mode or not)
Hi, vit40
As I understand you are speaking about video mode. Ok, I think that it may be usefull sometimes. I'll fix it

Offline vit40

« Reply #29 on: 19 / February / 2008, 06:47:14 »
Thanks

Btw, in video mode, ISO value shown by OSD also isn't right, maybe you could hide ISO labels in video mode ? I presume there's no way to get actual ISO in video mode ?? According to my measurements, on A620, actual ISO in video mode goes up to about 1100, while upper limit in photo mode for this camera is 400