Newbie trying to create new firmware version - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Newbie trying to create new firmware version

• 31 Replies
Newbie trying to create new firmware version
« on: 02 / April / 2010, 13:16:01 »
Advertisements

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Newbie trying to create new firmware version
« Reply #1 on: 02 / April / 2010, 13:26:18 »

« Reply #2 on: 02 / April / 2010, 18:17:40 »

You'll find more information about the signature finder mechanism here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Signature_finder

Thanks - I've read through that page a number of times but most of it is still beyond me. I guess I'll have to wait for someone else to get some time to sort the new version out.

« Reply #3 on: 07 / April / 2010, 05:57:08 »

« Reply #4 on: 09 / April / 2010, 11:29:53 »
I apologise for my last question being so dull that it wasn't worthy of a response! I'll try harder this time...

My problems with sh.Exe seem to have been caused by my OS and v3 of the compiler. I've switched to v4 and things are better.

But I've discovered now that I can't compile from an existing version of the SD950 firmware (100d) let alone a new one. I get the same error message (multiple definition of `_ExitFromCompensationEVF') in both cases. Is it worth trying an earlier version of the trunk?

Online reyalp

« Reply #5 on: 09 / April / 2010, 19:51:03 »
But I've discovered now that I can't compile from an existing version of the SD950 firmware (100d) let alone a new one. I get the same error message (multiple definition of `_ExitFromCompensationEVF') in both cases. Is it worth trying an earlier version of the trunk?
No, you should find out why there are multiple definitions, and fix that problem. Given that the autobuild works, it's something in your tree or build environment.

This would normally be  defined in stubs_entry.S, or stubs_entry_2.s

note that stubs_entry.S is auto generated and should always use NSTUB (which makes a weak symbol) and stubs_entry_2.S should always use NHSTUB.

You should make sure that all of your generated files have been completely re-generated since you fixed your sh.exe crash problem, and that you are doing a make clean before your build.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #6 on: 18 / April / 2010, 08:31:11 »
OK - I think I've made a start! I've altered boot.c and capt_seq.c as necessary using 100d as a reference but haven't started on movie_rec.c. Now the camera doesn't crash on power up, and I get the CHDK OSD. The camera won't go into record mode, only play - but I'm hoping that's because I've done nothing to movie_rec.c yet. Is that a likely hypothesis? Also, am I really only doing this for me or does anyone else have an SD950 with 100e firmware?

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #7 on: 18 / April / 2010, 11:37:14 »
The camera won't go into record mode, only play - but I'm hoping that's because I've done nothing to movie_rec.c yet. Is that a likely hypothesis?
No;  on cameras with a push button for playback mode CHDK always start in playback mode when powered on with the power button.

« Reply #8 on: 18 / April / 2010, 12:20:31 »
The camera won't go into record mode, only play - but I'm hoping that's because I've done nothing to movie_rec.c yet. Is that a likely hypothesis?

Sorry - I wasn't clear enough. What I meant was that the camera attempts to go into record mode when you half-press the shutter (ie the lens extends) but then crashes.

Online reyalp

« Reply #9 on: 18 / April / 2010, 17:16:09 »
OK - I think I've made a start! I've altered boot.c and capt_seq.c as necessary using 100d as a reference but haven't started on movie_rec.c.
It's generally easiest to enable the modified tasks one at a time. Start with spytask (which does the CHDK UI) and then physw_task (which does input). Once you have those working, you can enable capt_seq, movie_rec etc, one at a time.
Don't forget what the H stands for.