this message is for skilled CHDK developpers
the question is here to understand why DSLR development (except Magic Lantern) seems difficult.
what is really missing to help better and easier DSLR / DryOS development ? what is first or second blocking thing to you in the following list ?
1. more DryOS documentation. maybe a dedicated Wiki page for DryOS on DSLR ?
2. more Digic IV documentation and registers/hardware usage doc
3. more dumps: only 5dm2 is available. decrypting updates payload would by great
4. more tool chain documentation. IDA and so one.
5. I do not have enough ARM competencies
6. I do not have enough time
7. DSLR platform is too complex compared to P&S cameras.
8. DSLR are expensive : I do not own one, I do not want to break mine
9. other: please tell
Magic Lantern seems the only working project but "hudson" might need help and this message is here to understand how to help people "almost" ready to do so.
Please explain why these points are blocking you.
For me, answer would be: more dumps, DryOs and hardware information.