IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread - page 7 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread

• 288 Replies

Offline emlyn

Re: IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread
« Reply #60 on: 08 / November / 2010, 16:20:33 »
Advertisements
HI!
I checked the version and all pages are exactly as posted in the main pages of the IXUS 130 (in my case, I'm from spain). I got stuck makein my SD card bootable, as my computer (Linux) doesn't want to mount it since I put the ver.req and the vers.req files. I'll try it under windows tomorro and give you my first feedback of the PS.FI2 and the DISKBOOT.BIN.

Till tomorrow.

Actually, I bought mine in Spain too, so I guess it's not surprising that they are similar.
You don't actually have to mount the SD card to make it bootable, on my Mac I had to unmount it first, you just need to access the device file. On the Mac the command I used was:
Code: [Select]
echo -n BOOTDISK | dd bs=1 count=8 seek=64  of=/dev/disk1s1
Which should work on Linux, just replace disk1s1 with the appropriate device for the partition on the SD card (not the SD card itself).

Also, this is only needed for the DISKBOOT.BIN version, it is not needed to run from the PS.FI2. And once you have CHDK loaded I think there is a command in the alt menu to make the disk bootable, although I haven't tested whether it works in this port.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #61 on: 08 / November / 2010, 16:22:51 »
HI!
I checked the version and all pages are exactly as posted in the main pages of the IXUS 130 (in my case, I'm from spain). I got stuck makein my SD card bootable, as my computer (Linux) doesn't want to mount it since I put the ver.req and the vers.req files.
The presence of these files will not affect linux ability to mount the filesystem. If it is no longer mountable, something else has gone very wrong, maybe file system corruption. You probably need to reformat and start over.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline emlyn

« Reply #62 on: 08 / November / 2010, 18:38:55 »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #63 on: 08 / November / 2010, 21:51:24 »
How much RAM do you have after CHDK is loaded ?

Have you done a fresh format on your card recently ?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline emlyn

« Reply #64 on: 09 / November / 2010, 01:35:06 »
How much RAM do you have after CHDK is loaded ?

After switching on, I go to record mode, and on the top left of the screen it shows "227M", is this what you mean?

Have you done a fresh format on your card recently ?

I last formatted it while still trying to get CHDK to boot properly. I think I see what you're getting at, maybe some of the earlier tries could have corrupted it. I'll reformat it now and rerun the tests.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #65 on: 09 / November / 2010, 02:48:19 »
After switching on, I go to record mode, and on the top left of the screen it shows "227M", is this what you mean?
227MB - this would be the remaining space on the card...to see the free RAM, call "Show memory info" from the CHDK "Miscellaneous" menu.

Offline emlyn

« Reply #66 on: 09 / November / 2010, 04:32:38 »
227MB - this would be the remaining space on the card...to see the free RAM, call "Show memory info" from the CHDK "Miscellaneous" menu.
Ah yes of course, that makes more sense. Memory info shows:
Free Memory: 236104 bytes
CHDK size: 291488 bytes
loaded at: 0x14FE20

I've also reformatted the card and now the tests run much better! I didn't disable anything, and it didn't crash. Only one failure:
os.remove("A/MDTST0): ERR A/MDTST0: error FAIL
And the MDTST0 directory is left on the card. I've double checked that it is completely empty (no hidden files). It seems remove works only with files, but not directories.

I see that remove in platform/generic/wrappers.c just calls _Remove, and Remove in the stubs points to:
ff836bac:       e92d4070        push    {r4, r5, r6, lr}
ff836bb0:       e1a05000        mov     r5, r0
ff836bb4:       eb002e4c        bl      loc_ff8424ec
ff836bb8:       e1b04000        movs    r4, r0
ff836bbc:       1a000006        bne     loc_ff836bdc
ff836bc0:       e1a00005        mov     r0, r5
ff836bc4:       eb00d676        bl      loc_ff86c5a4
ff836bc8:       e3500001        cmp     r0, #1  ; 0x1
ff836bcc:       13e04000        mvnne   r4, #0  ; 0x0
ff836bd0:       1a000001        bne     loc_ff836bdc
ff836bd4:       e1a00005        mov     r0, r5
ff836bd8:       eb00d5fb        bl      loc_ff86c3cc
loc_ff836bdc: ; 2 refs
ff836bdc:       e1a00004        mov     r0, r4
ff836be0:       e8bd8070        pop     {r4, r5, r6, pc}
Which is identical to ixus300 and sx210is (except for the addresses). I'm not sure why else it would fail, but maybe it's not too important, deleting directories is probably not critical for the moment.

EDIT:
If I rerun the tests, I get another failure:
os.mkdir("A/MDTST0"): ERR A/MDTST0: error FAIL
But I suppose this is just because the directory still exists from the previous run so it it is expected.
« Last Edit: 09 / November / 2010, 04:36:09 by emlyn »

Offline emlyn

« Reply #67 on: 09 / November / 2010, 11:03:54 »
HI!
I checked the version and all pages are exactly as posted in the main pages of the IXUS 130 (in my case, I'm from spain). I got stuck makein my SD card bootable, as my computer (Linux) doesn't want to mount it since I put the ver.req and the vers.req files. I'll try it under windows tomorro and give you my first feedback of the PS.FI2 and the DISKBOOT.BIN.

Till tomorrow.

I've uploaded the latest binary to my github downloads page. This one properly loads the config at startup, and scripts are running (but not all functionality has been tested).

« Reply #68 on: 09 / November / 2010, 17:29:59 »
Hi!!
It was my SD card reader. With an external one I was able to load the PS.FI2. I didn't do it bootable jet.

And works!!! I need to do some more test, but histogram appears and I messed up with it for 10 minutes.

I don't know wheter it is only in my cam, but the menus appear quite small. It only occupies lice 3/4 of the width of the screen. The hight seems to be OK.

I also noticed that there are some white "boxes" in the screen. My be they belong to functionallities that are not jet available.

thank you! Ill tryed to execute scripts and checked the Motion detector script. Works fine, but I didn't check it in deep.

I also tried the Multipurpose Bracketing script, and the counter goes up only when you press the DISP button twice. Weird. Ill learn a bit more, and give some better feedback next time.

Please, tell me what you would like me to test. It-s the first time I opened CHDK and looks easy to handle, but my learning curve is still in the very beginning.

Great job, thank you again.
« Last Edit: 10 / November / 2010, 02:58:55 by haza »

Offline emlyn

« Reply #69 on: 09 / November / 2010, 18:35:33 »
I don't know wheter it is only in my cam, but the menus appear quite small. It only occupies lice 3/4 of the width of the screen. The hight seems to be OK.
This is a bug, there are a number of settings for the screen dimensions and I don't fully understand how they work. For the moment I have just copied the values from another cam, but they need improving.

I also noticed that there are some white "boxes" in the screen. My be they belong to functionallities that are not jet available.
I have a long white rectangle on the bottom left of the screen, I'm not sure yet what this is. Do you have any other than this?

Ill tryed to execute scripts and checked the Motion detector script. Works fine, but I didn't check it in deep.
Wow, that's good :-)

Please, tell me what you would like me to test. It-s the first time I opened CHDK and looks easy to handle, but my learning curve is still in the very beginning.
This is also my first time with CHDK, so I don't really know how things are supposed to behave; sometimes I can guess from the source code, but it's not always obvious.

At the moment I don't really have anything specific for you to test, so I suppose just play around with the functionality and try different scripts, and just report here whatever you find. Things that work are good for morale, and things that don't work tell me what to work on next...

Next I think I will look into RAW image capture, it doesn't seem to work at the moment (and the badpixel script needed for DNG format also fails).

If you don't mind, it would be useful if you added any issues you find on my github issue tracker, then I have a list of everything that needs working on in one place. You probably need to register a github account to do this.