Code: [Select]
    ldr r0, =0x14fe20
    with:
    ldr r0, =new_sa
    but had forgotten the following line:
    ldr r0, [r0]
    Now it no longer crashes, so I can start adding everything else back in...

Offline emlyn

• Publish
    Re: IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread
    « Reply #51 on: 29 / October / 2010, 17:42:13 »
    I now have it booting up with the CHDK logo, and I can enter alt mode, navigate the menu and display debug info!
    But there's still lots to do, including:

The screen is not quite right - I'm not sure exactly what vid_get_bitmap_screen_width/height vid_get_viewport_width/height and vid_get_bitmap_buffer_width/height mean exactly - I copied the values from the ixus300, which at least gave something readable, but everything is squashed up.
    Here is a photo showing it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6921/IXUS130CHDK.JPG

I chose two keys (DISP + FUNC/SET) to activate alt mode, but it's a bit awkward, so I'll have to find a better choice.

It always boots up in playback mode, if I hold down the power button it doesn't start up at all. If possible I would prefer it to boot up in record mode by default, unless the play button is held down.

The script submenu is completely empty, not even a way to go back to the previous menu.

And lots more, but that will do for the moment...
    « Last Edit: 29 / October / 2010, 17:50:28 by emlyn »

Offline pixeldoc2000

• IXUS900Ti 1.00C, IXUS300HS 1.00D
      • pixel::doc homebase
  • Publish
    « Reply #52 on: 29 / October / 2010, 22:42:01 »
    It always boots up in playback mode, if I hold down the power button it doesn't start up at all. If possible I would prefer it to boot up in record mode by default, unless the play button is held down.
    This is a known issus with newer camera.
    You need to fix Power Button detection in boot.c .
    Example: my SD4000: http://github.com/pixeldoc2000/chdk/commit/4d5ceba194ae300dee5afb7a429a43cb5e72a5d6 .

Offline emlyn

• Publish
    « Reply #53 on: 30 / October / 2010, 05:51:38 »
    This is a known issus with newer camera.
    You need to fix Power Button detection in boot.c .
    Example: my SD4000: http://github.com/pixeldoc2000/chdk/commit/4d5ceba194ae300dee5afb7a429a43cb5e72a5d6 .

Thanks, that fixed it!

• Publish
    « Reply #54 on: 01 / November / 2010, 18:02:50 »
    This is pretty exciting!

• Publish
    « Reply #55 on: 04 / November / 2010, 12:32:07 »
    Hi everyone!!!
    Here is another IXUS130 owner.

I am also a programmer, but a higher level programer (C, C++,...). I don't really know uC programming.

Anyways, I would be very glad to be a tester, whenever and whatever test you would like to do.

If you need my help I'll be more than happy to do it.

Offline emlyn

• Publish
    « Reply #56 on: 05 / November / 2010, 19:21:30 »
    Anyways, I would be very glad to be a tester, whenever and whatever test you would like to do.

If you need my help I'll be more than happy to do it.

I'm still quite a way from having something ready for testing, at the moment there's just too much not yet working. But if you still want to play around with what I have, I could put the binary up somewhere, just let me know.
    The alt-mode menu can be brought up, but I haven't gone through it very thoroughly so I'm not sure how much of it actually works yet. I recently got the zoom working during video recording. I think I'll try to get scripts and/or raw images working next.

• Publish
    « Reply #57 on: 06 / November / 2010, 13:12:19 »
    Please do it! It will be also my first contact with CHDK, but that also will help me to learn better for future real testing.

Tell me where you put the binary, and I will try to run it in my camera. You can send it to me per e-mail.

thank you

Offline emlyn

• Publish
    « Reply #58 on: 06 / November / 2010, 14:37:53 »
    Tell me where you put the binary, and I will try to run it in my camera. You can send it to me per e-mail.

I have put the binary on the downloads section on github.
    The easiest for a one-off test is the PS.FI2 version - just copy it to the SD card, start in playback mode (by pressing play), press menu and select firmware upgrade. It will run until you restart the camera.

In order to get it to start automatically every time, you need to use the DISKBOOT.BIN with a bootable SD card - follow the instructions here.

You should check which version of the Canon firmware your camera has (see here), mine is 1.00c, but I know there is also a version 1.00a out there too. If you don't have 1.00c I don't think my files will work. But hopefully porting to a different version shouldn't be too hard, mainly just changing the function addresses (I think, but I'm not an expert).

• Publish
    « Reply #59 on: 08 / November / 2010, 15:41:01 »
    HI!
    I checked the version and all pages are exactly as posted in the main pages of the IXUS 130 (in my case, I'm from spain). I got stuck makein my SD card bootable, as my computer (Linux) doesn't want to mount it since I put the ver.req and the vers.req files. I'll try it under windows tomorro and give you my first feedback of the PS.FI2 and the DISKBOOT.BIN.

Till tomorrow.