IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread - page 23 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread

• 288 Replies
Re: IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread
« Reply #220 on: 18 / July / 2012, 16:13:01 »
Advertisements
Yes everything else seems to be as usual.

The flickering values are marked red. The numbers are flickering and the bar in-/decreases it's length.
Okay - that helps.  The number beside the DNG: label is the estimated number of shots that will fit in the remaining space on your SD card (not a quality setting).

The flicjkering values are based on three functions in the Canon ROM : 

GetDrive_ClusterSize
     GetDrive_FreeClusters
     GetDrive_TotalClusters

The sigfinder found two acceptable addresses for GetDrive_FreeClusters and picked one.  I rebuild it using the other value and posted that here :

https://www.box.com/s/487d4fafde33bf5a9ecc

I believe you have the 1.00c firmare ?  Download and try it - let me know if it works better or not ?

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #221 on: 18 / July / 2012, 16:44:10 »
Ok waterwingz,

this seems to work.
Now the values decrease correctly when i take photos

Thank you, more tests will follow.
IXUS 970 IS 100b

« Reply #222 on: 18 / July / 2012, 17:56:08 »
Version 4 with this fix now posted here :

link > ixus130 sd1400 firmware 1.00a

link > ixus130 sd1400 firmware 1.00c

As usual, if you download one of these, please provide some feedback here in the forum !! 
I don't own the camera and can't test the changes.  Thanks to soundsmith89 for helping here !

Even if your post is just one line saying "It works on my camera"  it will be very helpful.

« Reply #223 on: 20 / August / 2012, 11:20:31 »
just tried it on mine with firmware 1.00c and works really well :) slight flickering at bottom/left where there's some kind of white bar; i haven't used chdk enough to know what that's for though. will experiment with it more later. looks very good anyway... makes this little camera much more useful when i don't want to carry my dslr's around (350d with hack, 400d with 400plus and a vanilla pentax k10d)

edit: the white bar is just the free space indicator ;) only slightly odd thing is when i tried to film some video, zoomed all the way in and then couldn't rezoom until i power cycled the camera. again maybe just something stupid i did.
« Last Edit: 20 / August / 2012, 12:36:25 by zestoi »

« Reply #224 on: 20 / August / 2012, 11:49:42 »
slight flickering at bottom/left where there's some kind of white bar; i haven't used chdk enough to know what that's for though.
Its a bar graph showing remaining space on your SD card.  You can turn it off via the OSD menu - or move it with the OSD editor.   (OSD=on screen display)

« Reply #225 on: 20 / August / 2012, 12:39:06 »
slight flickering at bottom/left where there's some kind of white bar; i haven't used chdk enough to know what that's for though.
Its a bar graph showing remaining space on your SD card.  You can turn it off via the OSD menu - or move it with the OSD editor.   (OSD=on screen display)

seems i should have refreshed the topic before modifying my previous post ;) great to have the code merged into the main chdk tree, thought this camera may have been forgotten about...

« Reply #226 on: 20 / August / 2012, 12:53:28 »
only slightly odd thing is when i tried to film some video, zoomed all the way in and then couldn't rezoom until i power cycled the camera. again maybe just something stupid i did.
I believe that's a common bug with many ports - once you pass the transition between mechanical zoom and electronic zoom you can't go back.  Its been fixed on several camera but not all.

« Reply #227 on: 21 / August / 2012, 01:48:41 »
I believe that's a common bug with many ports - once you pass the transition between mechanical zoom and electronic zoom you can't go back.  Its been fixed on several camera but not all.

ah sure, makes sense. not sure why i had the digital zoom enabled anyway. the manual flash power is something i've found useful in the past for triggering off camera flash with it in low power. i'll have to really dig through the options now; the user menu looks very useful too.

« Reply #228 on: 21 / August / 2012, 08:36:40 »
not sure why i had the digital zoom enabled anyway.
Zooming during video is handy because AFAIK, there is no easy way to crop a video like you would a JPG or RAW file.   I believe Canon disables mechanical zoom because the sound of the zoom motor interferes with the audio track so that leaves you with digital zoom to crop / frame the image.

the manual flash power is something i've found useful in the past for triggering off camera flash with it in low power.
I do the same thing - prior to CHDK I'd put a piece of tissue paper over the on--camera flash to "reduce" the power and still trigger an external off-camera flash set to bounce off the ceiling.

« Reply #229 on: 21 / August / 2012, 13:10:39 »
[Zooming during video is handy because AFAIK, there is no easy way to crop a video like you would a JPG or RAW file.   I believe Canon disables mechanical zoom because the sound of the zoom motor interferes with the audio track so that leaves you with digital zoom to crop / frame the image.

ah ok  - guess i haven't filmed much video except the odd clip or two and didn't realise.

I do the same thing - prior to CHDK I'd put a piece of tissue paper over the on--camera flash to "reduce" the power and still trigger an external off-camera flash set to bounce off the ceiling.

yep - i used to try similar things :) being able to disable the preflash-flash is handy tho (by manually setting exposure and also setting flash power to minimum) as then means i can use an optical gizmo attached to the transmitter of my wireless triggers which has no way of ignoring the preflash otherwise. of course i'm more likely to have a dslr with me if i also have the off camera flash, but it's nice to be able to use this mini camera for that too if i want.