IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread

• 288 Replies
Re: IXUS 130 (SD1400 IS) Porting Thread
« Reply #230 on: 03 / September / 2012, 17:21:13 »
Advertisements
Version 4 with this fix now posted here :

link > ixus130 sd1400 firmware 1.00a

link > ixus130 sd1400 firmware 1.00c

As usual, if you download one of these, please provide some feedback here in the forum !! 
I don't own the camera and can't test the changes.  Thanks to soundsmith89 for helping here !

Even if your post is just one line saying "It works on my camera"  it will be very helpful.

Well,  49 downloads of those two files and essentially no feedback.  Thank you.

For now, this will remain an orphan port. I think I know how to fix the zoom problem for example, but it seems nobody cares.

Update : I've removed my download links for this camera.  People can either build their own system from the svn source code or volunteer to actually test and report on how the port works for them if they want access to pre-built installation files.

« Last Edit: 05 / September / 2012, 21:48:09 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #231 on: 12 / September / 2012, 07:34:44 »
Version 4 with this fix now posted here :

link > ixus130 sd1400 firmware 1.00a

link > ixus130 sd1400 firmware 1.00c

As usual, if you download one of these, please provide some feedback here in the forum !! 
I don't own the camera and can't test the changes.  Thanks to soundsmith89 for helping here !

Even if your post is just one line saying "It works on my camera"  it will be very helpful.

Well,  49 downloads of those two files and essentially no feedback.  Thank you.

For now, this will remain an orphan port. I think I know how to fix the zoom problem for example, but it seems nobody cares.

Update : I've removed my download links for this camera.  People can either build their own system from the svn source code or volunteer to actually test and report on how the port works for them if they want access to pre-built installation files.

Hi,
I'm totally new to this forum having only found it today. I have the canon ixus 130 and was wondering if i could possibly test the software you created for this camera. i will report back as to how it goes and will provide any other information you might need in order to improve it.

would this be possible at all? i'd love to test out the extra capabilities of this camera.

thanks in advance.

grey

« Reply #232 on: 12 / September / 2012, 07:51:54 »
I have the canon ixus 130 and was wondering if i could possibly test the software you created for this camera. i will report back as to how it goes and will provide any other information you might need in order to improve it.
would this be possible at all? i'd love to test out the extra capabilities of this camera.
Thank you for volunteering.  Send me a PM with a real email address and I'll get you the link.   This forum is a good place to report how things are going but sometime a real email address is useful (the forum throttles PM's to 4 per hour,  sometimes the forum goes down and sometimes I need to send things and be sure the testers get them directly).

Once we have that established I'll post a list of things to test and we can handle most of that here in public.

« Reply #233 on: 12 / September / 2012, 13:53:26 »
if u have specific things that need testing i can help too. everything seems ok when i've been using your latest build - apart from that zoom issue with is really a non issue anyway?

« Reply #234 on: 12 / September / 2012, 16:38:17 »
excellent.

Send me a PM with a real email address and I'll get you the link.

email address has been pm'd to you.

i look forward to testing it out.

« Reply #235 on: 12 / September / 2012, 23:18:21 »
Today I emailed links for the current build to those who have volunteered to BETA test.     When they get that to load and run we will start working through a process of checking out the port and upgrading it to the current release level.

Update : other testers welcome - PM me with a real email address.  As with my other porting projects,  the "ground rules" are simple - I'll release beta versions every couple of days - if you report back on how the current version works for you then you stay on the list.

« Last Edit: 13 / September / 2012, 00:05:21 by waterwingz »

« Reply #236 on: 13 / September / 2012, 04:16:38 »
ok, so today i gratefully received the beta version and promptly went about extracting and using it however i have run in to the most basic of stumbling blocks...

having opened the readme.txt and following the first few steps to check if i have the correct version i pressed the menu button in order to scroll to the 'firm update' setting option which alas is not present in the menu option list. so far i think i have looked in every possible location for this 'firm update' option. could someone with this camera point me in the right direction please?

sorry if this a stupid question

« Reply #237 on: 13 / September / 2012, 04:43:10 »
i use a 2gb card and have it auto boot: FAQ#Q._How_can_I_make_the_CHDK_program_load_automatically_at_startup.3F

seems it should also work on a 4gb card if you manually format to fat16

« Reply #238 on: 13 / September / 2012, 05:30:51 »
ok so i'm having difficulty even getting it going.

i've downloaded the beta. have found a 2GB card to use. downloaded EOScard1.2 to get the card to boot properly. put it in 'lock' mode. and i think everything else that i need to do. (i must have missed something)

i will get there eventually but as it's my first attempt at this it is taking me a while to figure it out. if someone knows of a good set of instructions to follow then please link to them. however, given a bit of time i'm sure i'll get it up and running on to the camera.

my main problem seems to be that i can't even see the option for 'firm update' in the menu on the camera. does anyone know if this setting appears in this model (ixus130)

grey

« Reply #239 on: 13 / September / 2012, 05:32:23 »
i use a 2gb card and have it auto boot: FAQ#Q._How_can_I_make_the_CHDK_program_load_automatically_at_startup.3F

seems it should also work on a 4gb card if you manually format to fat16

i've also followed this link and the camera instructs me that the card in 'copy protected' which i think is just the cameras way of saying i missed a step somewhere!!