PowerShot SX210 IS - Porting Thread - page 48 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

PowerShot SX210 IS - Porting Thread

• 589 Replies
Re: PowerShot SX210 IS - Porting Thread
« Reply #470 on: 23 / June / 2011, 16:51:45 »
Advertisements
Can CHDK make the camera wait to take the exposure and set the auto focus right before the timer goes off?
Modifying the way the canon timer works would probably be difficult, but getting the same effect with a CHDK script should be pretty trivial.

Basically all it would need to do is (untested, lua)
Code: [Select]
--[[
@param a time in sec
@default a 5
]]
sleep(a*1000)
shoot()

If you want to do bracketed shots or whatever it would obviously get more complex...

Thanks - I was worrying about the scripting, as it's been a number of years since I played with anything more complex than HTML.  I used to do a little BASIC coding in middle school, and some C++ in high school (which I promptly forgot) but that's it.  I don't need to do bracketed shots.  I could live quite happily with a single shot.  I'm going out to pick up a card reader and I'm going to give ver. 1.8 a shot.

Offline asm1989

• SX720, SX260, SX210 & SX200
« Reply #471 on: 25 / June / 2011, 04:56:31 »
Ok Latest version with latest trunk 1211 - version 1.9

http://www.4shared.com/file/OCeTT8Tb/CHDK1211-sx210is-ASM1989-RCv19.html

-compiled with the crash avoiding (mine didnt crash earlier, but maybe will help someone)
-also with chkd in exmem (seams to do nothing bad)
-Not with exmem malloc seams to corrupt video record

Offline reyalp

« Reply #472 on: 25 / June / 2011, 15:10:43 »

-compiled with the crash avoiding (mine didnt crash earlier, but maybe will help someone)
If exmem malloc causes video corruption, then it is very likely that video will also cause problems with CHDK in exmem. If an exmem heap the same size as the CHDK image causes corruption, then this is almost certainly true. If CHDK is smaller than the exmem pool, it might avoid the region that gets trashed.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #473 on: 26 / June / 2011, 15:00:28 »

If exmem malloc causes video corruption, then it is very likely that video will also cause problems with CHDK in exmem. If an exmem heap the same size as the CHDK image causes corruption, then this is almost certainly true. If CHDK is smaller than the exmem pool, it might avoid the region that gets trashed.

Thank you,

I have tested some features and it works great. CHDK menus seem to be a little more stable now.
They doesnt dissapear or flicker as much as they did on previous versions. (It still happens frequently in shooting mode)
DNG creation works perfect.
Zebra display is still broken. It's shown mislocated and  duplicated on the screen.
I have not tested any scripts.
« Last Edit: 25 / July / 2011, 07:01:21 by mike2k8 »

Offline asm1989

• SX720, SX260, SX210 & SX200
« Reply #474 on: 27 / June / 2011, 01:13:32 »
good it works mike2k8,

regarding puting the sx210 source into the trunk will be possible, since it has been working for several months and  hundreds of people are using it, but I dont have much time now to do the stuff

this is the source pack http://www.4shared.com/file/B7b68InL/sx210fortrunk.html

since it uses a variant of propset 3 y named it propset5,

reyalp is all this what is needed to create the diff?

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #475 on: 27 / June / 2011, 06:15:41 »

since it uses a variant of propset 3 y named it propset5,

That's not the standard way to handle a new propset.
The propsetN.h file can't have 'if defined(CAMERA_xxx)' sections since it needs to be processed by a script to generate the propsetN.lua file.

Also double check that it isn't a match to propset4.

If it's indeed a new propset variant then you need to make sure the propset5.h file only contains the values for propset5 (don't mix in other sets based on camera).
Then update platform.h to include the new propsetN.h file based on the CAM_PROPSET setting.
Next update CHDK/Makefile to include building of the new propsetN.lua file.
Finally update CHDK/LUALIB/propcase.lua to load the new propsetN.lua file.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #476 on: 03 / July / 2011, 10:28:05 »
Sorry to break in, but I was told I might get a better response here.

I downloaded the latest build an hour ago and the Override shutter feature crashes the camera when Value factor is set to 1.
TV  is showing in the left top corner of the window with Value factor set to 1.
If not set to 1, the override seems to be set to the cameras shutter speed default limit of 1/3200. The camera will trigger.
TV is not showing in the window if 1 is not chosen.

Is this exclusive to this model does anyone know or am I doing something wrong?

Lebowski

« Reply #477 on: 14 / July / 2011, 14:38:09 »
i really apreciate that great work here!

i have a question - i tried to use the latest version on my sx210 but i have a problem with the raw-files.

the files seemed to be like made with fisheye - the same jpg files dont.

how could this be avoided?

thx and greetings  miguel

« Reply #478 on: 15 / July / 2011, 12:02:03 »
i really apreciate that great work here!

i have a question - i tried to use the latest version on my sx210 but i have a problem with the raw-files.

the files seemed to be like made with fisheye - the same jpg files dont.

how could this be avoided?

thx and greetings  miguel

Well, you'll have to live with it. What you get in the RAW file is the exact image the camera gets through the lenses.
With wide angle optics this is the typical distorsion you get. It can be avoided in two ways. By using a very complex and expensive lenses, or correcting the image via software.
Of course this camera uses software to correct the barrel distortion, so as the RAW by definition is the sensor 'as get' output, it's untreated and so with barrel distortion and vigneting.

You'll have to correct them in software. Some RAW develop/photo retouch programs have settings to treat these kind of aberrations.
See for example this post in this same thread.

You'll note that this is noticeable only when using wide angle focal. Try with higher zoom levels and you won't notice that.

« Reply #479 on: 23 / July / 2011, 10:14:56 »
Please excuse a couple of questions from a total non-developer. I have used chdk with another camera and would like to do the same with my sx210is. Q1. Where do I find the latest version to try? Q2. When trying to use an unofficial build is there any chance, whatsoever, of doing permanent damage to the camera.
Thanks