A490 Porting - page 5 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum  

A490 Porting

• 224 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: A490 Porting
« Reply #40 on: 03 / August / 2011, 00:49:24 »
Advertisements
All I wanted is RAW files (I have managed to get it to write DNG) and aperture priority (which I haven't managed to set, yet).
This camera does not physically have an adjustable aperture, so aperture priority is impossible.
So far camera is very unreliable, keeps switching itself off, completely unusable. It's not the batteries. Works fine on original firmware, by the way.
"Switching off" means the camera crashed.

If you can narrow down the circumstances where it crashes, that would be useful. If you are somewhat technically inclined, you can also get a ROMLOG http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Debugging#Camera_crash_logs_.28romlog.29
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #41 on: 05 / August / 2011, 02:58:45 »
Some news about 100e porting?

« Reply #42 on: 05 / August / 2011, 08:06:30 »
All I wanted is RAW files (I have managed to get it to write DNG) and aperture priority (which I haven't managed to set, yet).
This camera does not physically have an adjustable aperture, so aperture priority is impossible.

Right. Oh well. Thanks. :)

So far camera is very unreliable, keeps switching itself off, completely unusable. It's not the batteries. Works fine on original firmware, by the way.
"Switching off" means the camera crashed.

If you can narrow down the circumstances where it crashes, that would be useful. If you are somewhat technically inclined, you can also get a ROMLOG http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Debugging#Camera_crash_logs_.28romlog.29

If I try to run CHDK/SCRIPTS/TEST/ROMLOG.LUA, I get the following error message:

:16: ERROR: your CHDK does not support native function calls
PRESS SHUTTER TO CLOSE
*** INTERRUPTED ***

- of course I did press the shutter to stop it or I would get a black screen. :)

Anyway, my camera crashes each time I go to shooting mode, get live view, press Canon menu, see the menu on screen, then when I press arrow down (trashcan/timer button), it simply crashes. All the times.

« Reply #43 on: 05 / August / 2011, 12:24:16 »
After resetting all values to default now it does not crash any longer and it is useable. I guess I will try to set everything as it was, one step at a time, and see when it crashes, if it does, of course.

« Reply #44 on: 08 / August / 2011, 09:51:33 »
Some news about 100e porting?

So far I've managed to build the ARM cross-compiler. Now I need to get CHDK compiling and then do the actual porting process. That will have to wait till the coming weekend (or the next, I have no time on weekdays  :( ).

« Reply #45 on: 16 / August / 2011, 15:33:57 »
Woot! I've got my A490 100e booting up with CHDK! :)

I can see the CHDK logo (colors seem a bit off though) and the menu comes up okay (I think). Though it hangs/crashes on many menu items I tried. But not bad for a first attempt, if I may say so myself.

Need to figure out what I have missed while porting from 100f. I wasn't able to use CHDK-PT to automate the process, but I did use it as a handy disassembler :P

BTW, can someone PM me A490 fi2 keys? Or better, put the firmware offsets at http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers/fi2offsets. I was unable to figure them out myself.

Okay, time for me to go to sleep now.

Offline hotvedt

• A540/SX110IS/350D
« Reply #46 on: 02 / September / 2011, 07:01:18 »
This is great news!
Have you got any further, like for example raw working?

« Reply #47 on: 02 / September / 2011, 18:03:04 »
This is great news!
Have you got any further, like for example raw working?

No, only the menu comes up for now. Camera crashes on almost everything in the menu. I am waiting for my next free chunk of time to debug it.

« Reply #48 on: 19 / September / 2011, 00:39:16 »
Folks, I very much appreciate your contributions. Most of this stuff is total Greek to me, but will try to do something with mine. Would love to have continuous shooting in RAW.

Offline tpont

« Reply #49 on: 19 / September / 2011, 07:44:16 »
Hi, I'm new to CHDK and have a hard time understanding the reports in this thread. I want to use my A490 for book scanning. Can the current firmware be used to trigger shots remotely with the sort of wired triggers that have previously been used on other cameras that use CHDK? If so, is the current firmware in such a state that a newbie can get it running on his A490? I hope for a simple "yes and yes" answer.  :)