Take photo every 5 minutes and put into standby between each picture? - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Take photo every 5 minutes and put into standby between each picture?

• 5 Replies
Advertisements
Is it possible to take a photo every 5 minutes and turn off between each picture? I'm totally new to this so forgive me if it's a stupid question...

Richard
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2010, 12:21:00 by LWCARAB »

Offline zeno

Re: Take photo every 5 minutes and turn off between each picture?
« Reply #1 on: 22 / April / 2010, 11:38:33 »
No! You can take a picture and turn the camera off (in a script), but there's no way to turn the camera back on again. When the camera is off by definition there's no script running.

A couple of cameras (the S2 and S3) can be turned on by supplying power briefly to the USB port.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Re: Take photo every 5 minutes and turn off between each picture?
« Reply #2 on: 22 / April / 2010, 12:04:58 »
Thanks for your reply, that makes sense, I should probably rephrase that to is there a way to put it into standby mode ie: Turn off screen and lend? Basicially I'm looking for a way to run the camera for the longest period possible in cold conditions and only require a picture every few minutes...

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Take photo every 5 minutes and put into standby between each picture?
« Reply #3 on: 23 / April / 2010, 01:36:55 »
Turn off screen and lend? Basicially I'm looking for a way to run the camera for the longest period possible in cold conditions and only require a picture every few minutes...
Yes, it's possible to switch off the LCD backlight or also the display+sensor electronics.
How this could be done depends on the camera model...

« Reply #4 on: 04 / February / 2011, 06:30:33 »
Photography is art. It's abstract. Therefore it's difficult for many people to grasp. It's easy and lazy to think a camera makes the photos. It's easy to blame bad photos on a camera. When you get better you'll realize you would have been better off to pay more attention to your images and less to your camera.

My camera is smarter than me, therefore i prefer to let it take photographs by means of its own aesthetical feeling. I completely trust it, and i have never been disappointed.

Yes, it's possible to switch off the LCD backlight or also the display+sensor electronics.
How this could be done depends on the camera model...

How i can do this in the case of A540? Thanks in advance.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #5 on: 05 / February / 2011, 03:47:55 »
How i can do this in the case of A540?
For scripting there's the set_backlight command --> http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Script_commands#set_backlight.28.29

On the A540 the DISP button switches off the backlight and also the sensor electronics for lowest power consumption; in a script you can use key press emulation...

--> http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_scripting#Camera_Operation_Commands