I am creating a custom little Circuit Board to feed 2 cameras, will this work? - Hotwire! Hardware Mods, Accessories and Insights - CHDK Forum

I am creating a custom little Circuit Board to feed 2 cameras, will this work?

• 5 Replies
Advertisements
I am creating a little PCB to take the lead from my Ricoh CA-1 and send it to 2 cameras.  I am basically making a USB 'y-splitter' (connecting pin1,2,3,4 coming off the remote to pin1 of USBOUTA & USBOUTB which will go to camera L&R respectively.  

Can anyone confirm that this will this work?  Or will I run in to voltage drop due to the small battery in the Ricoh feeding 2 cameras?  

Here are a few images some images of my project. I hope to etch this weekend.  I did disassemble the Ricoh and found that only VCC and Ground are used.  This is consistent with what I have read in the CHDK wiki and elseware.  However I decided to still route D- and D+ on my board just in case it could ever be used for something else down the line.

Do you have a schema ?
It not easy to understand what you want to do if you provide only the pcb.

Can anyone confirm that this will this work?

Did you know that you can buy double-decker USB receptacles ?  

Or will I run in to voltage drop due to the small battery in the Ricoh feeding 2 cameras?

It will easily drive thirty cameras, the USB connector input resistance is tens of Kohms.

However I decided to still route D- and D+ on my board.

You cannot do that.
It is like trying to make the cameras talk to each other.

Connecting the d- and d+ can damage the cameras

First off Thanks much Microfunguy and seuros for your quick replys.

Did you know that you can buy double-decker USB receptacles ? 
Yep,  I have a few around here, however it is not gong to work for the case I have.

Connecting the d- and d+ can damage the cameras
Ouch!,  Thanks for the heads up.  This will certainly make things a lot easier.  I am glad I haven't etched yet.

Thanks again!

You should think in changing your design .
I can give you a better design (pcb)
if you give what are your requirement