Getting into CHKD menus - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Getting into CHKD menus

• 2 Replies
Getting into CHKD menus
« on: 02 / May / 2010, 03:57:27 »
Advertisements
Using release 889 on my A650 IS.

When I try to get into the CHKD menus, I press the standard Printer link button up on the left side of the camera.

BUT I often have to fiddle with the button, pressing it 10 or many more times before I see the ALT display and can press the Menu button.

Am I the only one with this problem?  Or is my experience normal?

Can this problem be repaired?
A650 IS w/waterproof housing, SanDisk Extreme III 2GB card

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Getting into CHKD menus
« Reply #1 on: 02 / May / 2010, 06:19:31 »
BUT I often have to fiddle with the button, pressing it 10 or many more times before I see the ALT display and can press the Menu button.

Maybe this is a mechanical issue with your camera/the button; you should first check whether the PRINT button works reliable without CHDK.

- start with a clean card, without CHDK
- register any function with a visible result to the PRINT button (from the Canon menu)

Re: Getting into CHKD menus
« Reply #2 on: 02 / May / 2010, 22:36:26 »

Maybe this is a mechanical issue with your camera/the button; you should first check whether the PRINT button works reliable without CHDK.

- start with a clean card, without CHDK
- register any function with a visible result to the PRINT button (from the Canon menu)

Normally, that button is unassigned.  For a test, I assigned it to the WB command. 

There was no problem with the button.  Whenever I pressed it, it brought up the WB menu immediately w/o problems.
A650 IS w/waterproof housing, SanDisk Extreme III 2GB card