SX200 IS help putting text on photo - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX200 IS help putting text on photo

• 3 Replies
SX200 IS help putting text on photo
« on: 10 / May / 2010, 08:55:28 »
Advertisements
Hi all,

I'm not even sure this is possible but here goes. At my office they want to add text to every photo they take as a text box at the bottom. They take this camera to different events and want to be able to print without downloading the photos to a computer and editing them there. Printing to a photo printer isn't an issue but the text box has me baffled. I'd never heard of CHDK before this and somehow one of them had but b/c I do the IT stuff here, I get to figure it out lol. If anyone could help point me in the right direction or tell me it's not possible I would greatly appreciate it :)

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
Re: SX200 IS help putting text on photo
« Reply #1 on: 10 / May / 2010, 12:33:29 »
It is  possible, but b/c you do the IT stuff up there, you will have to do some coding to make it happen :lol. This timestamp implementation may serve as the basis.

Another question is, what  text? Do you have to be able to enter it? Then there's a bit of a problem since, as you know, the camera doesn't feature an alphanumeric keypad. Still, there were a couple of semi-working implementations of text input console around here (no builds, only C code). And if it has a touchscreen, you can probably work out a full-fledged keyboard.

« Reply #2 on: 10 / May / 2010, 13:39:00 »
Lol I was afraid it would involve programming, unfortunately the only language I know is HTML and I'm sure that's not what I'll need :)

What they want is like a white text box with the company name and another line and our phone number in black text. This info would likely never need to be changed and if so it would probably only be changed by me. If it needed to be some kind of image file that wouldn't be a problem for me to edit.

I thought the timestamp with text feature looked really cool but they're giving me the blank stare and saying "but it's not a white box". I'm half tempted to print out a sheet of labels and tell them to smack that on the pictures they print on site but I think I'll end up with the same stare and comment :)

Any other ideas?

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #3 on: 10 / May / 2010, 14:26:54 »
Lol I was afraid it would involve programming, unfortunately the only language I know is HTML and I'm sure that's not what I'll need :)
Any other ideas?
You need some (mostly basic) C. You also have to understand the Bayer image layout and its memory buffer structure in your target camera, as this is where you need to write your custom data. Other than that, it should be pretty straightforward to embed a static image, except perhaps the exact colors, but that's side details.