Copy CHDK to new SD card? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Copy CHDK to new SD card?

• 3 Replies
Copy CHDK to new SD card?
« on: 13 / May / 2010, 21:55:52 »
Advertisements
I have a Cannon Powershot A630 with CHDK .9.9-885 Built April 4th, 2010.

I only have the CHDK on one card, I tried to copy it from that one card to the hard drive and back to another card so that I could have 2 or 3 cards to use on an upcoming trip. Every time I try to do this, without fail the card I'm trying to copy the CHDK won't accept it. The Cannon says "Card Locked!" and stays in it's regular firmware.  But if I download it from the web it works, so the SD card is fine.

Is there any way that I can copy the CHDK from one SD card to another, so that I can keep the settings, or do I have to download the CHDK to the 2nd and 3rd card and change the settings from there?
Pantherman

Re: Copy CHDK to new SD card?
« Reply #1 on: 14 / May / 2010, 03:49:45 »
is your other cards formatted in FAT32 ? ...if so then have a look at the FAQ to make 2 partitions; small FAT16 for CHDK boot and the rest as FAT32

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #2 on: 14 / May / 2010, 08:48:35 »
The Cannon says "Card Locked!" and stays in it's regular firmware.

Copy the the files diskboot.bin and ps.fir and also the \CHDK folder to your other cards.
Make sure that the cards are all CHDK-bootable.
On Windows you can check / make a card CHDK-bootable with cardtricks...

« Reply #3 on: 14 / May / 2010, 18:15:56 »
Thanks again guys, I didn't have the cards set to boot. So it was off to the hex editor for me (running Linux) and after a few tries I got it.

Pantherman