Updated Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) CHDK Script V1.2 Wind Watcher - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

Updated Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) CHDK Script V1.2 Wind Watcher

• 4 Replies

Offline Jim

Advertisements
« Last Edit: 05 / February / 2008, 21:11:48 by Jim »

Offline rjoe

• Canon S3-IS
    • Archaeology Jobs and Archaeology Field Schools
Re: Updated Kite Aerial Photography (KAP) CHDK Script V1.2 Wind Watcher
« Reply #1 on: 05 / February / 2008, 22:37:11 »
Hey Jim -

This is R. Joe from over on the KAP forum.  I will be testing your script out on my S3 with my KAP rig and will let you know what I find.  I tested an early script and had some issues but I was still earning at that point.

FYI I have been using ALLBest build 16.

Best,

R. Joe
My hat is off to the developers of CHDK and the community of script writers!  Thank you for making the tool I have wanted for my Canon from the start, but did not have the resources to create.

Offline rjoe

• Canon S3-IS
    • Archaeology Jobs and Archaeology Field Schools
« Reply #2 on: 05 / February / 2008, 22:48:46 »
I just tested it on the S3 and it does not work.  It goes through the motions of saying

***  STARTED  ***

and then the camera turns off a few seconds later.

Interestingly I need to restart the camera twice before it will come alive again after this script shuts it off.  The first time I try to restart it will start up but when I try to update the firmware it shuts off again.  But on the second try it starts up and I can load the firmware.

R. Joe
My hat is off to the developers of CHDK and the community of script writers!  Thank you for making the tool I have wanted for my Canon from the start, but did not have the resources to create.

« Reply #3 on: 06 / February / 2008, 01:01:32 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:57:27 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline Jim

« Reply #4 on: 07 / February / 2008, 22:03:14 »
R. Joe

As noted by Barney, the KAP script was written for the A570is.

It should bel easy to adapt for your camera and / or modify one of the other posted scripts that work for the S series cameras.

Good flying!