Motion Detection w/ Customizable Detection Regions - page 2 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum

Motion Detection w/ Customizable Detection Regions

• 18 Replies
Re: Motion Detection w/ Customizable Detection Regions
« Reply #10 on: 08 / April / 2008, 12:12:53 »
Advertisements
Could this script be adapted to work for video instead of taking a picture?

« Reply #11 on: 09 / April / 2008, 00:55:50 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:46:13 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline tgran

• A570IS (101A)
« Reply #12 on: 10 / April / 2008, 07:34:46 »
Is there any progress on the "no motion" option?  . . .  and any advice for someone wanting to start the trial and error process with an A570IS. 

« Reply #13 on: 10 / April / 2008, 08:31:55 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:46:44 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline mx3

« Reply #14 on: 10 / April / 2008, 09:18:58 »
Is there any progress on the "no motion" option? 
I'm not sure if anybody asked this.
can you exactly specify what do you wish?

I would suggest you to post it here - MX3's (motion detection) Builds
or there - Feature Requests

. . .  and any advice for someone wanting to start the trial and error process with an A570IS. 

it is camera independent feature. once made it will work on all cameras.

you can use dirty workaround
set triggerdelay, timeout, threshold
and check if t<1
thats will be no motion during specified timeout

of course there will be dead time periods ( due to trigger delay )
ie if you chose timeout 2 seconds and 1 second trigger delay and something constantrly moves on the scene you will lost 50% of time on preparation

I'm not sure....

Waiting for your comments

skype: max_dtc. ICQ: 125985663, email: win.drivers(at)gmail, eVB decompiler

Offline mx3

« Reply #15 on: 10 / April / 2008, 09:22:52 »
Nope. I could never get it to work and I got fed-up with asking the "developer" for any further information on the issue. Trying to get any clues at all is like pulling teeth. I don't bother to deal with people who think their arcane and obscure hints qualify as any form of "help". I have more important things to do than pumping-sunshine up their @ss just to get them to reveal how to use their routines.
:)

If you want any assistance on any of the uBASIC commands from now on, I suggest you direct your questions directly to the developer who created them. I'm not going to be their translator anymore.

I can try to explain all parameters again if you wish.
skype: max_dtc. ICQ: 125985663, email: win.drivers(at)gmail, eVB decompiler

« Reply #16 on: 11 / April / 2008, 11:42:58 »
Hi,
i installed ur motion detection script on my canon a540 and i must say that its working like a charm. u mentioned in ur post about a script thru which the camera would take a snap as soon as it detects ZERO ACTIVITY. this is a great idea when photographing a big crowd of 10-15 people. i just wanted to know if this script already exists or if u r working on it.
if it doesn't then it would be nice if u could kindly come up with this innovative script.

Thanks

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #17 on: 13 / April / 2008, 07:22:56 »
you can use dirty workaround
set triggerdelay, timeout, threshold
and check if t<1
thats will be no motion during specified timeout

of course there will be dead time periods ( due to trigger delay )
ie if you chose timeout 2 seconds and 1 second trigger delay and something constantrly moves on the scene you will lost 50% of time on preparation

Yesterday I posted a script which does this... it's not the simplest thing to use and not tested well but I does work. Trigger delay isn't really a problem (a value of 0 works for me, I put 100 ms as a default to be safer) because the script doesn't shoot between MD restarts (and shooting is what starts most of those things that require waiting). I didn't include any of those get_prop loops, but if it turns out the script sometimes does go into a MD loop (ie it will never detect stillness) it'll have to be thought over more carefully.

It's in that other thread over there:
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,1046.msg9260.html#msg9260

« Reply #18 on: 13 / April / 2008, 09:32:31 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:47:19 by Barney Fife »