ACID - simple tool to automatically download the appropriate SDM or CHDK build - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

ACID - simple tool to automatically download the appropriate SDM or CHDK build

• 31 Replies

Offline zeno

Advertisements
It's still under test and currently there's only a Windows version, but I've produced a new version of ACID which will download builds from the CHDK-DE site as well as the SDM and normal CHDK builds. Check it out at http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/acid/acidde.html
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline zeno

As a result of testing, I've now updated Acid so that it will not download CHDK-DE builds as well as SDM and normal CHDK ones. I'd be grateful if a German-speaking user would put a note somewhere on the CHDK-DE forum at http://forum.chdk-treff.de about this enhancement to Acid. For details see www.zenoshrdlu.com/acid/acid.html

I've also semi-automated the process of updating the tables that Acid uses - for example 3 new cameras have been added to the CHDK-DE tables in the last few days.
« Last Edit: 07 / March / 2011, 10:35:09 by zeno »
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
Thank you for the great job, zeno.

We've added a thread in our forum for more informations.

Sorry for delayed answer.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline zeno

No problem, msl, I'm happy to help. Let me know if people report problems in the CHDK-DE forum.

It has occurred to me to produce a version of ACID whose on-screen text and messages were held in a separate text file. That would allow someone (not me) to translate them and make ACID easier to use for non-English speakers. Is this something that would be useful?
A570, S100, Ixus 127

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
Yes, this is a good idea. Then everyone can add a translation similar to the language file for CHDK.

msl

Offline zeno

I've just uploaded version 1.06 of ACID. This version is translatable - all the UI text can be loaded from a simple text file when ACID starts up. If you are interested in producing a translated version, see the web page about http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/acid/acidnls.html

As well as translating 48 short text strings, you will also have to translate the text of the ACID webpage (just the text, no need to fiddle with HTML). The only tool you'll need is a simple text editor such as Notepad or TextEdit.
A570, S100, Ixus 127

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
Very nice.

In attachment is a first attempt to translate the files into German. I'm not the best translator. Maybe other guys make a better version.

I have the program now tested a little more and noticed some things:

- Why are not unpacked all files of zip in the camera subdirectory? For a first use of CHDK is e.g. the file ps.fi* important.
- All three versions will be unpacked into the same subdirectory. Better would be to create a separate directory for each version.
- Not all messages into the status line are translated.

msl

Offline zeno

@msl

Thanks for the translation - I'll build a test webpage today. As to your questions:

1. the zip file extraction for SDM is designed to let the SDM install programs (SDMInst.exe and my SDMInst.app) work properly. For CHDK (and CHDK-DE) it should always download ps.fi* as well as DISKBOOT.BIN. Are you saying it does not?
2. When I wrote ACID I expected people to download SDM OR CHDK, not both. You're right - it would be better to put each build in a separate subdirectory to avoid problems.
3. I believe all the messages on the status line should be translated - which ones are not?
A570, S100, Ixus 127

Offline zeno

@msl
OK, I found one message that wasn't translated - the "successfully downloaded" one. Now fixed.

The German ACID webpage is now open for testing at http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/acidde/acidde.html

Please let me know (daveATzenoshrdlu.com) of any errors.
A570, S100, Ixus 127

Offline msl

• CHDK-DE links
Yes, this was the not translated message.

The web page looks good. Is the link the final address? I would like to post the address in the German forum.

msl