CHDK in the media - page 3 - General Chat - CHDK Forum

Poll

CHDK & it's Fame

Hire a PR dude, create adverts & merchandise - CHDK shall be known everywhere
3 (2.9%)
let "big" magazines/websites get to know chdk (e.g. by email)
11 (10.5%)
spam fora, blogs, comments
3 (2.9%)
Word of mouth!
28 (26.7%)
i like my small community, let's keep it clean and simple
60 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 93

CHDK in the media

• 160 Replies
Re: CHDK in the media
« Reply #20 on: 21 / March / 2008, 22:51:25 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:40:08 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #21 on: 22 / March / 2008, 09:52:16 »
funny, really didnt know that. i'm still a noob compared to you "old" chdk guys :)

YouTube - Cubitos / Ice Cube <- cool idea for a timelapse. and by cool i mean cool.

« Reply #22 on: 23 / March / 2008, 03:37:29 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:40:33 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
CHDK Developer.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #24 on: 05 / April / 2008, 14:35:55 »
Supercharge Your Camera with Open-Source CHDK Firmware - Wired How-To Wiki

wow, 3 days up and already 5th link when you google for chdk.

here is a very interesting thread:
DigiCam Fotos - Testfotos, Digicam Preisvergleich, News zur Digitalkamera
it is german, part of it is english - a replymail by canon USA stating that they dont see a problem (warranty wise) when you use chdk. the users of this forum wanted to make sure and ask canon. you should run it through the google translation utility, as the thread itself is kinda interesting. in this forum they even have a "don't post links to or about chdk" rule, as they really think it is a "hack" and are waiting for official confirmation of canon germany that chdk can be used without harming either the camera or the warranty.
strange world.

supposing a thread in this forum the german official canon powershot site Canon Powershot - Das neue Zuhause der Digitalfotografie got closed (had a forum before) because of too many people asking about chdk. hm.
« Last Edit: 05 / April / 2008, 14:48:29 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #25 on: 05 / April / 2008, 15:23:07 »
... a replymail by Canon USA stating that they dont see a problem (warranty wise) when you use chdk.
Interesting... :D
I think this reply should be added to Wiki FAQ (the question about warranty voiding).
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #26 on: 05 / April / 2008, 17:59:20 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:40:56 by Barney Fife »

« Reply #27 on: 06 / April / 2008, 05:53:09 »
It could also be a logistic problem: if there are many users asking about CHDK, over which they don't have any responsibility, then canon techies will have less time to deal with problems that have to be resolved by them...

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #28 on: 06 / April / 2008, 06:22:40 »
So one simple question for the pesimist:
Why do you trust the one one? Is there any evidence that this reply is not freely invented?
I mean a phone number is no real proof.

BTW. They mentioned specific to version number of Camera-firmware as security.
I mean one could put a file on the web that is version dependent, but overwrites the ROM with let's say
1 to make it more funny. :D
Am I wrong?

« Reply #29 on: 06 / April / 2008, 06:52:38 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:41:21 by Barney Fife »