2s Delay (black) after taking picture // not long exposure // s90 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

2s Delay (black) after taking picture // not long exposure // s90

• 3 Replies
Advertisements
hi guys, newbie here (seems like a lot of us),

i know this is not a stable release yet for the s90, but didn't see a better place to post... didn't want to post with the pros in the dev. thread.

granted i'm just learning, but i'm getting a strange delay after taking pictures.  this is NOT for long exposure shots, these are daytime shots in bright sunlight (or anything for that matter).  it also does not say "busy", it just goes black like it's writing to the card and the green light blinks.

i think this might have started after trying a script or two, but can't seem to get rid of it. this definitely did not occure w/o CHDK.

also, right now when i hit the power button it goes to playback instead of expanding the lens and ready to take a picture. then i have to push the shutter to get the camera ready for pics.  any way to change this?

thanks everyone, loving what little i know thus far.

-A

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
Re: 2s Delay (black) after taking picture // not long exposure // s90
« Reply #1 on: 28 / May / 2010, 12:10:19 »
The 2s delay probably means you accidentally switched on RAW, to correct:
in CHDK menu, in "Raw Parameters" submenu set "Save RAW" to "Disable"

To start the cam in REC mode, hold the on/off button until the CHDK logo shows

HTH,

wim
« Last Edit: 28 / May / 2010, 12:24:56 by whim »

« Reply #2 on: 28 / May / 2010, 14:42:52 »
both worked, thank you.

anyway to get the power button back to default to REC mode instead of holding it?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 28 / May / 2010, 22:19:43 »
anyway to get the power button back to default to REC mode instead of holding it?
No. The information on how the camera was started is lost by the time CHDK loads.
Don't forget what the H stands for.