D10 porting thread - page 4 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

D10 porting thread

• 131 Replies
Re: D10 porting thread
« Reply #30 on: 14 / July / 2010, 16:20:29 »
Advertisements
What motion detect scripts do you use? Can't get the two I've tested to work but other scripts work nice.

« Reply #31 on: 14 / July / 2010, 18:17:08 »
re: "so.. does chdk have to be loaded on each sd card separately?"

Yes it does. CHDK makes no permanent change to your camera or the firmware. That is part of the attraction. Put in a standard memory card, turn the camera on and it back to 100% original configuration.

So although there are a couple of options (whether CHDK is loaded automatically or manually) the only way it can be loaded is to have it on the memory card that you have in the camera. So if you have three cards and want to use CHDK with each of them then you would install CHDK on each card.

My personal advice would be to carry one non-CHDK card "just in case" something goes wrong with the software and you really really want that shot right now.

« Reply #32 on: 14 / July / 2010, 18:19:09 »
What motion detect scripts do you use? Can't get the two I've tested to work but other scripts work nice.

I've used Motion Detection.bas successfully.

« Reply #33 on: 16 / July / 2010, 16:57:07 »
Shot this with an MD script, first time playing with CHDK. I really want a different script, reducing the ISO from 200.  Nice as the shots are tonight, they're a bit noisy. 

Larger version of the image, fwiw, is available on Flickr Lightning using a motion detection script

« Reply #34 on: 16 / July / 2010, 19:56:38 »
andresv, what parameters did you use in the MD script and which script did you use?  Been wanting to try lightning but have not had any storms yet.  I'd like to be ready to capture some when it happens. Nice shot.

« Reply #35 on: 20 / July / 2010, 23:49:20 »
In case someone had not noticed, if you want to use the "Firmware Update Method" as described at http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/%22firmware_update_method%22 then to turn the camera on in Playback mode all you have to do is press the Playback button above the LCD display instead of using the normal On/Off button.

This is especially useful because you can use it on SDHC cards (8GB and larger) without having to wait for Partitioning support. Thanks to reyalp for this tip.

« Reply #36 on: 22 / July / 2010, 10:13:45 »
Have CHDK working on the D10.  DNG seems to work fine and ulta interval script works well.  The Tv override does not seem to be working.  I'm using for kite aerial photography and the camera keeps giving me f/8 when I really want f/2.8 (no ND filter.)  Setting the ND filter OUT works but the shots are way overexposed and even decreasing EV by normal camera settings 2 stops (max) is not enough to compensate.  I really need to shoot at minimum shutter speed/ maximum aperture.  Help!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #37 on: 22 / July / 2010, 17:34:34 »
Have CHDK working on the D10.  DNG seems to work fine and ulta interval script works well.  The Tv override does not seem to be working.  I'm using for kite aerial photography and the camera keeps giving me f/8 when I really want f/2.8 (no ND filter.)  Setting the ND filter OUT works but the shots are way overexposed and even decreasing EV by normal camera settings 2 stops (max) is not enough to compensate.  I really need to shoot at minimum shutter speed/ maximum aperture.  Help!
Autoexposure doesn't know about the ND override, so if you want to use it, you should calculate all exposure parameters from Bv in your script.

Can you give more details of what settings Tv override does not work ? Are you setting it in script or menu ?

Does it work if you set the override in the menu and shoot normally, without the script ?

As mentioned in the first post, overrides are known to fail if you quick press the shutter. If you are using a script, then you should be setting the Tv in script.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #38 on: 23 / July / 2010, 03:45:57 »
I am happily on holiday using my D10, thank you, merrily shooting away underwater in RAW. I have the following observations.
  • If I delete a picture in-camera, CHDK can have problems starting next time the camera is turned on, either from auto-boot or from update firmware. Only solution seems to be to delete all the images on the card (not a problem - I have a laptop here, too)
  • Enable Optical Zoom in video appears to have no effect regardless whether digital zoom is on or off. I have no optical zoom in video, which is a shame.
  • 100% battery with a fresh charge is at 4.050v for me. I have not established 0% yet. Max 4.118V; Min 3.235V.
  • I am using Adobe DNG conv then RawShooter for the Raws. I have a gentle shadow around the edge of many of the images. I crop anyway, so not much of an issue. I can guess the ND filter has a hole cut in it, and this shadow is overlap from the edge of the hole
  • As stated in Reyalp's OP, a quick press of the shutter release button does not capture RAW. This does not appear to be related to focus lock as the same symptom occurs in servofocus mode and manual focus mode even though neither of these have exposure lock. Slow press gives RAW, quick press does not. Maybe an exposure metering thing?
  • RAW in bracketted mode did work for me, but I forget which parameters I used
Thank you very much for your CHDK port
BlinkTooFast
« Last Edit: 01 / August / 2010, 04:14:30 by BlinkTooFast »

« Reply #39 on: 23 / July / 2010, 11:16:56 »
I was setting the shutter speed with Tv override in the extra photo operations menu when it wasn't working, not in script.  I am running ultra interval script.  I'll try adding the Tv value to the script.
I'm not sure what Bv is I'll have to look that up.