Help! I can't find a way to increase the # of photos taken - General Chat - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Help! I can't find a way to increase the # of photos taken

• 2 Replies
Help! I can't find a way to increase the # of photos taken
« on: 05 / June / 2010, 19:08:38 »
Advertisements
Hi! I have a SX110 and I tried all the scripts chdk offer. Some works and some does not but the picture taken are VERY SLOW. The camera has a custom time and has the ability then takes up to 10 photos max! How do I increase that 10 photos to like perhaps 50? or 100? Because using the camera default setting the picture is taken very fast and pretty good quality. I can't use the continuous setting because i'm not at the camera : (.

Please help! Thanks!

Cheers!

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Help! I can't find a way to increase the # of photos taken
« Reply #1 on: 07 / June / 2010, 07:17:00 »
Hello & welcome, soulz !

...but the picture taken are VERY SLOW. The camera has a custom time and has the ability then takes up to 10 photos max! How do I increase that 10 photos to like perhaps 50? or 100? Because using the camera default setting the picture is taken very fast and pretty good quality. I can't use the continuous setting because i'm not at the camera : (.

The SX20 is specified with
 * Approx 0.7 fps until card is full (AF / LiveView)
  * Approx 1.0 fps until card is full (LCD monitor off)

in continuous mode; you can't go beyond this, this is the physical limit (even though the ISO3200 mode is much faster, but limited to 1660x1200 pixels and with horrible noise).

You can either use an intervalometer script like this, this or this one with any setting you want outside continuous/timer mode.

For fastest speed you'll have to use the continuous mode, with or without AF - you can use this script then:
* http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/User:Fe50#fast_shooter
this will be the fastest possible one - see how it works from the description there...

Re: Help! I can't find a way to increase the # of photos taken
« Reply #2 on: 07 / June / 2010, 14:10:30 »
Thank you!! I'll try those script when I get back home.