Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!! - page 19 - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!

• 208 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #180 on: 13 / December / 2014, 16:04:20 »
Advertisements
would it be possible  to call

set_aelock(1)
   tv96=call_event_proc("SetAE_ShutterSpeed",607)     
   av96=call_event_proc("MoveIrisToAv",510)     
   call_event_proc("SetCDSGain",381)

(example values)

from a ptp interface to  control the exposure  in  video mode. im trying to  do just that but not getting any result.
You can call event procs over ptp. It's up to you to determine if the canon firmware does what you want.

I'd suggest you return the value from call_event_proc, like
Code: [Select]
=return call_event_proc("SetAE_ShutterSpeed",607)
in general it will -1 if the function isn't registered and otherwise 0 or whatever value the function would normally return.

Also keep in mind that each . or = command is a separate script, so you can't set a variable like tv96 in one call and use it in another. If you need to do that, either do it all in one command or return the values so you can pass them to the next command.

Your examples isn't really clear to me, does SetAE_ShutterSpeed actually return a tv96 value?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #181 on: 14 / December / 2014, 07:26:13 »
would it be possible  to call

set_aelock(1)
   tv96=call_event_proc("SetAE_ShutterSpeed",607)     
   av96=call_event_proc("MoveIrisToAv",510)     
   call_event_proc("SetCDSGain",381)

(example values)

from a ptp interface to  control the exposure  in  video mode. im trying to  do just that but not getting any result.
You can call event procs over ptp. It's up to you to determine if the canon firmware does what you want.

I'd suggest you return the value from call_event_proc, like
Code: [Select]
=return call_event_proc("SetAE_ShutterSpeed",607)
in general it will -1 if the function isn't registered and otherwise 0 or whatever value the function would normally return.

Also keep in mind that each . or = command is a separate script, so you can't set a variable like tv96 in one call and use it in another. If you need to do that, either do it all in one command or return the values so you can pass them to the next command.

Your examples isn't really clear to me, does SetAE_ShutterSpeed actually return a tv96 value?

i am sorry but are these not the  calls which are set in the script to achieve the exposure and aperture control. the script works fine  on my SX150 so i  was wondering if i can achieve the same contol over PTP.
it doesnt seem to be working but then i think i am doing something wrong.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #182 on: 14 / December / 2014, 15:08:25 »
i am sorry but are these not the  calls which are set in the script to achieve the exposure and aperture control.
I don't know what script you are referring to, there are a lot of variants of the videxp script floating around. It does look the the version on the wiki uses something similar to what you posted.
the script works fine  on my SX150 so i  was wondering if i can achieve the same contol over PTP.
it doesnt seem to be working but then i think i am doing something wrong.
Without knowing what *specific* things you tried over PTP, it's impossible for us to know what is wrong.

FWIW, you need to call some registration event proc before "SetAE_ShutterSpeed" is available. Look at the other call_event_proc calls in the script. This would be my first guess as to why it isn't working for you, but again, I don't know what you have actually done. If you follow my suggestion of displaying the return values of these eventproc calls, you will know if the functions are correctly registered.

There is no particular reason that something which works in a standalone script should not work while connected by PTP, but on the other hand both the script and PTP shooting are pretty hacky so it wouldn't be a huge surprise either.

You could try running the script through the menu while PTP is connected. If that works, then calling the equivalent functions over PTP will almost certainly work, and you just need to figure out which parts you aren't replicating. If it doesn't work, then maybe there's some weird interaction with PTP.

« Reply #183 on: 27 / December / 2014, 19:45:46 »
Seems interesting. I will test it with the SX230HS and demo the features, as well as some of the issues.

Camera used is the Powershot SX 230HS.
What works: Manual controls, put the camera in video mode, then select the script, then press the shutter release button too activate the script. To begin recording, pres the FUNC/SET button, then to stop press the FUNC/SET button again.

While in this mode, you can set the shutter speeds, though only those that are available in standard photo mode, thus no 1/48 FPS on the 230HS which records at 1080P 24FPS

What doesn't work:

Exiting the manual video mode, it does not exit properly. To exit, you must first press the shutter release again, then press the play button.

The problem is that it seems to never fully exit, thus the live preview no longer works when it comes too accurately previewing the exposure. The live preview will change as you adjust the settings, but it will look nothing like the final image.

To fix this issue, you must turn the camera off and then back on. Overall, it is is a simple workaround, and the video controls work well.

just wish it had a focus lock function. It would make it far easier to record closeups of objects such as PCB's  (Would love it for a logitech G700 modding video that I have coming up :) )

video demonstration www.youtube.com/embed/DXt5NidnWZ4?feature=player_detailpage
« Last Edit: 27 / December / 2014, 19:58:29 by Razor512 »

Offline M141

« Reply #184 on: 24 / March / 2015, 11:18:34 »
Wow thanks! I am using the elph 300 HS/ Ixus 220 HS firmware 1.00C
Here you go : https://app.box.com/s/e8pff7qdpjd2le35faov
I have the same camera and firmware as mojo43 . Like to try patched chdk version if it could work better with this camera?

But the download link is dead... :(

Regards Jani

« Reply #185 on: 25 / March / 2015, 18:48:59 »
Wow thanks! I am using the elph 300 HS/ Ixus 220 HS firmware 1.00C
Here you go : https://app.box.com/s/e8pff7qdpjd2le35faov
I have the same camera and firmware as mojo43 . Like to try patched chdk version if it could work better with this camera?

But the download link is dead... :(

Regards Jani
Me too. I want to download the patched chdk version but link is dead.

« Reply #186 on: 25 / March / 2015, 19:24:07 »
How do I apply the patch?
You need to be able to compile CHDK from scratch.  You apply the patch to the source code using the "patch" command on the command line or a suitable GUI tool.

If you tell me your camera & firmware version I can post a patched version for you.

I have successfully used in the past CHDK-Shell to compile CHDK.
Today after applying your patch (with the "source tools") and after I hit "Compile selected" I get no results but the following error message:
----
../platform/ixus220_elph300hs/libplatform.a(wrappers.o): In function `GetCurrentShutterSpeed':
wrappers.c:(.text+0x474): undefined reference to `_GetCurrentShutterSpeed'
../platform/ixus220_elph300hs/libplatform.a(wrappers.o): In function `GetCdsGainValue':
wrappers.c:(.text+0x484): undefined reference to `_GetCdsGainValue'
../platform/ixus220_elph300hs/libplatform.a(wrappers.o): In function `MoveIrisToAv':
wrappers.c:(.text+0x4a0): undefined reference to `_MoveIrisToAv'
../platform/ixus220_elph300hs/libplatform.a(wrappers.o): In function `SetShutterSpeed':
wrappers.c:(.text+0x4bc): undefined reference to `_SetShutterSpeed'
../platform/ixus220_elph300hs/libplatform.a(wrappers.o): In function `SetCDSGain':
wrappers.c:(.text+0x4d8): undefined reference to `_SetCDSGain'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
D:\gcc\bin\gmake.exe[1]: *** [main.elf] Error 1
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

----

Any help?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #187 on: 25 / March / 2015, 22:44:42 »
You can look for the functions in platform/<your camera>/sub/<your firmware version>/func_by_name.csv and add them to your platforms stubs_entry_2.S

The stubs_entry_2.s lines are
NHSTUB(<function name without leading underscore>,                  <address>)

The ones in the csv file may have _FW at the end, which you should not include when defining the stub.

Note that your camera doesn't have an iris, so _MoveIrisToAv can just be NULLSUB.

If other functions are missing, you'll need to find them in disassembly.

« Reply #188 on: 26 / March / 2015, 02:33:16 »
You can look for the functions in platform/<your camera>/sub/<your firmware version>/func_by_name.csv and add them to your platforms stubs_entry_2.S

The stubs_entry_2.s lines are
NHSTUB(<function name without leading underscore>,                  <address>)

The ones in the csv file may have _FW at the end, which you should not include when defining the stub.

Note that your camera doesn't have an iris, so _MoveIrisToAv can just be NULLSUB.

If other functions are missing, you'll need to find them in disassembly.
I think this is difficult for me to be done.
I will have to wait until someone re-uploads  the patched chdk version, (asked also be M141) because the link https://app.box.com/s/e8pff7qdpjd2le35faov is dead.
(This patched chdk version uploaded by waterwingz fits my camera and firmware).

« Reply #189 on: 26 / March / 2015, 19:19:26 »
I have the same camera and firmware as mojo43 . Like to try patched chdk version if it could work better with this camera?  But the download link is dead... :(
Me too. I want to download the patched chdk version but link is dead.
The link was for an experimental build - I don't keep those around for long.

The philmoz patch file used to create the download will not apply cleanly to the current build and I don't really have time right now to fix that.     

So here's a rebuild of the stuff you asked for using the older version of CHDK it was created for :
ixus220_elph300hs-100c-1.3.0-3344-full.zip

I can build for other cameras but this is a time limited offer  :xmas

YWIA
« Last Edit: 26 / March / 2015, 19:22:12 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16