Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!! - page 21 - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!

• 213 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #200 on: 06 / December / 2015, 11:35:29 »
Advertisements
Updated the experimental patch to make it compatible with the CHDK 1.4 release source (and current trunk, since they are identical as of today).
It's still DryOS only (minus sx280).

It needs the script from the above linked post. It might be worth reading posts from the above link on, it does not appear to work very well on some cameras.

edit:
to clarify, videxp_chdk14_dryos_only.7z contains a source patch, so it's only for those who can build CHDK for themselves.
« Last Edit: 06 / December / 2015, 17:19:23 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #201 on: 22 / July / 2016, 00:59:48 »
Hello. I have a Canon IXUS 115 HS, and not quite sure if this script on it work? I tried to copy the script "videxp3.lua" SCRIPTS directory on my card, but it does not work (script terminated). My camera works with CHDK 101c and 101b - if anyone can prepare CHDK, which copies the SD card with a working videxp3.lua?

In the previous post is an attachment to 101a - but it did not work for me.

I ask for help because IXUS 115 does not even exposure compensation in video mode :( I therefore very important to me this script running.
« Last Edit: 22 / July / 2016, 01:01:33 by siudym »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #202 on: 22 / July / 2016, 15:33:18 »
Hello. I have a Canon IXUS 115 HS, and not quite sure if this script on it work? I tried to copy the script "videxp3.lua" SCRIPTS directory on my card, but it does not work (script terminated). My camera works with CHDK 101c and 101b - if anyone can prepare CHDK, which copies the SD card with a working videxp3.lua?

In the previous post is an attachment to 101a - but it did not work for me.

I ask for help because IXUS 115 does not even exposure compensation in video mode :( I therefore very important to me this script running.
To use the mod in question, you need the version of the script that is attached to this post.
I tried out briefly the modded CHDK and that script. To use it successfully, you need to lock exposure prior to running the script (press half shoot and "up", AEL will be displayed on the LCD). With running script, you start and stop recording with the SET button. After recording starts, adjust ISO and exposure time, otherwise exposure will be incorrect. Do not touch the Av value as the camera doesn't have adjustable aperture.

The attached special build only supports the locked SD card method.

« Reply #203 on: 08 / October / 2016, 11:27:16 »
Modified the script so it works like ae/af lock on ixus 115hs. (so i dont have to change iso and tv values every time. Values doesnt seem to be correct aswell)

works like this:
1. start script
2. pressing the set button locks exposure/af and starts recording
3. pressing set button stops recording and unlocks exposure

« Reply #204 on: 26 / July / 2018, 06:04:14 »
All these scripts do not work well with my IXUS55.
Mainly problems due to ISO: it is too large and does not change, despite the changing values on the LCD screen. because of this, noise, overexposure and distortion appeared.
managed to remove this bug only by changing line "sv_table"
Code: [Select]
    sv_table    = { 10, 30, 50, 80, 100, 200, 300, 400 }
  BUT now values do not changes (digits on the LCD screen) - only 10, but ISO changes.
How do I make the digits display the value of ISO?

« Reply #205 on: 12 / November / 2020, 13:31:55 »
Hi

I'm trying to get this mod to work in a "night" mode, so basically lowering the shutter to allow more light (although there will be less frames).

I've modified the file to add some lower values, and they do partially work and the frame rate does visibly drop lower, however, after a few seconds of recording the camera just dies. Any idea how to fix that?

I've attached the modified file below, what I changed was the tv_ref, tv_val, and tv_str. Should I also have changed other things?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #206 on: 13 / November / 2020, 13:08:53 »
the frame rate does visibly drop lower, however, after a few seconds of recording the camera just dies.
If the actual frame rate does not match the theoretical one, video and audio will become out-of-sync. The firmware routines do not tolerate that, the camera will shut down with an assert.
Any idea how to fix that?
If your cam has a video recording mode that records no audio, try using that. However, I'm not convinced that the camera will allow you recording with a nonstandard framerate.

« Reply #207 on: 29 / April / 2021, 09:31:16 »
How do I apply the patch?
You need to be able to compile CHDK from scratch.  You apply the patch to the source code using the "patch" command on the command line or a suitable GUI tool.

If you tell me your camera & firmware version I can post a patched version for you.

Would it be possible to prepare a patched version for my Ixus 220HS, firmware 101d ?

« Reply #208 on: 17 / October / 2021, 23:40:00 »
Hi

I'm trying to get this mod to work in a "night" mode, so basically lowering the shutter to allow more light (although there will be less frames).

I've modified the file to add some lower values, and they do partially work and the frame rate does visibly drop lower, however, after a few seconds of recording the camera just dies. Any idea how to fix that?

I've attached the modified file below, what I changed was the tv_ref, tv_val, and tv_str. Should I also have changed other things?

I managed to get it somewhat working on my Canon PowerShot S3IS, by lowering the fps to 15. Important thing to note is that the whole video becomes really fast and audio glitches.

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #209 on: 22 / November / 2021, 15:03:26 »
Should I also have changed other things?
Found some time for lines to make it more stable:
-- exit_alt button proof; Leave <alt> for zooming, <rec> or not.
       repeat sleep(100) until get_alt_mode()
               wait_click(200)
-- Preset minTv that´s save for Your cam. (Start recording only): Bright preview, std video.
-- Within limits still to explore script works fine, ends smooth.  :xmas
Crashing: Try to shoot in exit_alt...
ASSERT!! BrtMthd.c Line 3483
Occured Time  2021:11:22 21:50:20
Task ID: 31457348
Task name: BrtMsrTask
00170820: UI:ShtCon_NotifyQuickShooting
00171630: UI:Button:0x000009A4:UnpressSwTwo
00171650: UI:Button:0x000009A2:UnpressSwOne
Strange: if Tv<1/10 light & dark preview switching. or Sv>1250 (Sx230) dark again.

Edit: https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13508.msg145115#msg145115  [:o]
« Last Edit: 22 / November / 2021, 15:48:16 by Caefix »
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.