supplierdeeply

Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!

• 202 Replies
  • Publish
    Re: Video Manual Control: ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL, PLEASE!!!!
    « Reply #50 on: 13 / April / 2011, 16:35:13 »
    Advertisements
    I really need these features!! I have an A570IS, already with the latest version of CHDK. Can someone help me getting these on my camera? Is there a file, plugin or anything like that? I have very good knowledge of computers in general, but not specifically about CHDK. What do I need to do to be able to control ISO and aperture in my camera?

Offline fudgey

• a570is
  • Publish
    « Reply #51 on: 15 / April / 2011, 12:10:26 »
    I really need these features!! I have an A570IS, already with the latest version of CHDK. Can someone help me getting these on my camera? Is there a file, plugin or anything like that? I have very good knowledge of computers in general, but not specifically about CHDK. What do I need to do to be able to control ISO and aperture in my camera?

Compile CHDK with native calls enabled and run the script from my earlier post here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5295.msg54097#msg54097

But it's not stable, meaning you should expect the camera to crash every now and then. During video record, that will probably mean losing the entire recording.

• Publish
    Please see the section "Completed and Working Scripts"

Video exposure control, modified to work on Digic 4 camera's
    If you download the script and substitute with your memory locations it should work fine.

Hi!
    I have a sx130 is. Please tell me how can I upgrade my chdk with manual video control. Unfortunatelly I'm not a big brain in programming but I would to try it. I want to reduce ccd's smear using slower shutter and an nd filter, but I have no chance using auto mode.
    Thanks
    Roland
    « Last Edit: 04 / May / 2011, 14:10:13 by rolytng »

Offline funnel

• Publish
    Great. Works for SX220. I had to comment out the lines autoexp() and manualexp() because ExpCtrlTool_StartContiAE and ExpCtrlTool_StopContiAE aren't needed and caused the camera to crash. On this camera the exposure can be set manually before starting the recording and this disables the continuous AE.

Offline vit40

• Publish
    Any way to disable continuous AE on other cameras (like A650, A620) the same way as on SX220 ? Current implementation is not useful for me, because zooming unlocks the exposure

Offline funnel

• Publish
    I did some modifications on the original script. Used PT_DoAELock and PT_UnlockAE to enable and disable AE. I don't know if it will work on other cameras. Works fine on sx220.

The differences are:

Code: [Select]
    --required for PT_DoAELock and PT_UnlockAE
    if (call_event_proc("SS.Create") == -1) then
        error("SystemEventInit failed")
    end

-- go to manual exposure mode
    function manualexp()
    ret=call_event_proc("PT_DoAELock")
    end
    function autoexp()
    ret=call_event_proc("PT_UnlockAE")
    end

elseif is_pressed("set") then
                print("recording")
                --click "shoot_full"
        post_levent_to_ui("PressMovieButton")

Online philmoz

• Photos
  • Publish
    Based on this script, I've implemented a touch screen version for the IXUS 310 HS.
    (Being able to create a custom U/I opens up some interesting possibilities).

Still needs some work - the camera will crash if you change settings too quickly.

Not sure how practical this is for the IXUS 310, being such a small camera and with a 10 minute video clip limit; but it was fun to play around with.

Phil.
    CHDK ports:
      sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
      g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
      sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
      ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
      sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
      g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)

• Publish
    « Reply #57 on: 12 / March / 2012, 19:07:57 »
    Damn, just checked this script out on my Elph 300 HS and it works until the record button is pressed. I replaced the values from here http://trac.assembla.com/chdkde/changeset/880

Any ideas on what I should be doing differently? Should I have iso manually set in CHDK before I start the script? It seems like I have tried all combinations but the continuous AE won't lock!

• Publish
    « Reply #58 on: 27 / March / 2012, 23:31:53 »
    Any news about exposure lock during video ?

i am really anxious on buying this camera and my retailer is going out of stock .

Can someone tell me if exposure lock for video is just a matter of time or there is the posiblity that exposure lock will be imposible for this model ?

• Publish
    « Reply #59 on: 28 / March / 2012, 08:20:52 »
    i am really anxious on buying this camera and my retailer is going out of stock .
    What camera ?