Ixus 200IS/SD980 1.01c porting thread - page 10 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Ixus 200IS/SD980 1.01c porting thread

• 108 Replies

Offline openuas

• OpenUAS
    • OpenUAS
Re: Ixus 200IS/SD980 1.01c porting thread
« Reply #90 on: 15 / November / 2010, 08:19:48 »
Advertisements
waterwingz , you wote "What did I miss ?"

Well probabbly  this part of what citizenx wrote ;)
> however pressing any further button (e.g. menu) causes the camera to turn off.

Great that you are porting for IXUS120 SD940, and great you dumped v1.03C I wish you success isn creating a BETA.

titbb, if there would be a working version I would not have started the port :blink: . There is a difference in working and booting the CHDK firmware. Working means you have functioality of the CHDK , e.g the abillity to run scripts etc.

To know what amount of effort you have to put in to get a working beta you can read http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_of_a_new_camera  even if it is not a "NEW" camera a new Firmware version takes about the same amount of work.

Also made my own toolchain since on a 64Bit Linux and needed speciffic ARM GCC optiona compiled in.

Just FYI waterwingz, "stuck back at an earlier step",  ??? Not really ;) it is now just the hard work of adding functions step by step for v1.0.1c of the IXUS200 SD980

A new week and will continue working of the firmware.... THX for all the encouragement.

Offline openuas

• OpenUAS
    • OpenUAS
« Reply #91 on: 15 / November / 2010, 08:26:34 »
Hello,

my source is not able to start up.. it starts flashes LED>. but no CHDK screen nothing.. so if you can give me ur code.. it will be great..
See http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5321.msg56794#msg56794 for code. But adding this code there will stop running the CHDK start, that is normal. Do not forget to add the CHDK folder on your SD otherwise the Logo will indeed not show, since the resource for this is in a subfolder of the CHDK folder on your SD. Will send you the current code.

BTW dhavalhirdhav which GCC toolchain do you use on Which platform? If it is selfmade with wrong flags, chances are high the ARM code indeed crashes on your IXUS. An $ arm-elf-gcc -v woud be helpfull solving your issue.

Offline titbb

« Reply #92 on: 15 / November / 2010, 09:47:03 »
titbb, if there would be a working version I would not have started the port :blink: . There is a difference in working and booting the CHDK firmware. Working means you have functioality of the CHDK , e.g the abillity to run scripts etc.

To know what amount of effort you have to put in to get a working beta you can read http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_of_a_new_camera  even if it is not a "NEW" camera a new Firmware version takes about the same amount of work.

Yo :)

Yes, i read that, tried a bit of it myself, but my knowledge regarding such things is not really that good. I was just replying to the question why you did start a new port, and not continued the existing one :)

And yes, i also appreciate your hard work regarding the port. Can't wait to CHDK again. Need bracketing for my HDR.

« Reply #93 on: 15 / November / 2010, 10:14:08 »
@openuas:

I am running gcc 4.4.0 on Windows 7 32-bit.. its not custom made. Thread model: Single. I downloaded it from SVN. I do have CHDK folder in my device but still it wont show CHDK logo.. I figured out where error is.. I will post it in next post. .am in office now.. once I get back home will post where am having an error.

my output for arm-elf-gcc -v

Using built-in specs.
Target: arm-elf
Configured with: ../gcc-4.4.0/configure --target=arm-elf --prefix=/home/Administ
rator/install --enable-multilib --enable-languages=c --enable-clocale=gnu --disa
ble-nls --disable-shared --disable-threads --disable-libssp --disable-libstdcxx-
pch --disable-libmudflap --disable-libgomp -v --with-gcc --with-gnu-as --with-gn
u-ld --with-newlib --with-gmp=/home/Administrator/addontools --with-mpfr=/home/A
dministrator/addontools
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC)
« Last Edit: 15 / November / 2010, 10:16:29 by dhavalhirdhav »

« Reply #94 on: 25 / November / 2010, 04:27:38 »
Hello to all,

I've been trying to get chdk work for a many days now, and I would need some help...

First of all, I'm not able to see the firmware version of my Ixus 200 IS, ver.req or vers.req
trick does'nt seem to work on my cam. exiftool says Firmware Revision : 1.01 rev 3.00

Automatic boot does'nt work eather. But I can run chdk by "firmware update".  It ask me if
I want to update from 1.0.1.0 -> 1.0.0.0. After that I see chdk splash screen for a few seconds
and the camera turns off. I have tried few versions of chdk that I found, and one version hangs
the whole camera.

Does someone know what I'm doing wrong? Should these beta versions buut up at all?

BR,  Raid
« Last Edit: 25 / November / 2010, 07:29:14 by raid72 »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #95 on: 25 / November / 2010, 15:56:02 »
Hello to all,

I've been trying to get chdk work for a many days now, and I would need some help...

First of all, I'm not able to see the firmware version of my Ixus 200 IS, ver.req or vers.req
trick does'nt seem to work on my cam. exiftool says Firmware Revision : 1.01 rev 3.00
101c

Does someone know what I'm doing wrong? Should these beta versions buut up at all?
You will have to read the specific details posted about each build to determine what they are expected to do. Since your camera is 101c, you can limit yourself to the ones intended for that version.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #96 on: 27 / November / 2010, 11:42:32 »

Offline Awol

« Reply #97 on: 10 / December / 2010, 23:07:05 »
If I buy a new camera, is it likely that it will come with the newest firmware? Or is it a 50/50 tossup?
I'm thinking about buying an SD980, but hoping I get the older supported firmware.

Offline titbb

« Reply #98 on: 11 / December / 2010, 03:48:49 »
If I buy a new camera, is it likely that it will come with the newest firmware? Or is it a 50/50 tossup?
I'm thinking about buying an SD980, but hoping I get the older supported firmware.

Dont count on getting the old FW tbh.

Offline openuas

• OpenUAS
    • OpenUAS
« Reply #99 on: 15 / December / 2010, 20:27:40 »
..Other thing to do at the moment, but still committed to make the firmware