Camera & SDHC card size. - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Camera & SDHC card size.

• 14 Replies
Re: Camera & SDHC card size.
« Reply #10 on: 28 / June / 2010, 12:15:44 »
Advertisements
Okay, then I believe I am at this point, 2 partitions as setup by SDM with the 2MB bootable. So all I need to do is copy and paste the CHDK files into the 2MB partition(?)

Then my last issue is Win7 still does not recognize the SD card file system, I think I read somewhere I might need a new driver for the card reader? The Device Manager lists this as a "generic" card reader, so I'll look into this.

Re: Camera & SDHC card size. SOLVED
« Reply #11 on: 28 / June / 2010, 20:52:03 »
Okay, to follow up with my post #10, I used SDM to make and format the partitions, however, Win7 (in computer management) saw the two partitions, but thru file explorer I could not install CHDK because windows could not recognize the file system as formated by SDM.

Whenever I put the SDHC card into the reader, windows always asked if I wanted to format the card, so I allowed it to since I wasn't having any success getting past this point (of installing CHDK). It formatted the 1st partition, then I could read and write to the 2MB partition. So I used cardTricks to install CHDK successfully!

« Reply #12 on: 04 / July / 2010, 13:15:42 »
The 8GB card is partitioned and setup. CHDK loads okay, however when I put the interval.bas script into the scripts folder it does not show on the menu to load the script.

I used cardtricks to format and load CHDK onto a 2GB card and I can use the script just fine. Any thoughts about this?

Thanks
Richard

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #13 on: 04 / July / 2010, 13:32:51 »
The 8GB card is partitioned and setup. CHDK loads okay, however when I put the interval.bas script into the scripts folder it does not show on the menu to load the script.
Store the scripts on the data partition (i.e. normally the 2nd, big one)...

« Reply #14 on: 04 / July / 2010, 14:11:12 »
Store the scripts on the data partition (i.e. normally the 2nd, big one)...

That works, of couse! fe50 I do appreicate your help with this.