Foretelling a camera's firmware? - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Foretelling a camera's firmware?

• 3 Replies
Foretelling a camera's firmware?
« on: 25 / June / 2010, 23:02:14 »
Advertisements
Hello everyone,

I'm a complete noobie to this whole 'chdk' stuff and I have a very noobie question.
I'm planning on getting a Canon sometime soon this summer, and I want to get an SX200IS.
I was just wondering if there is anyway to tell what firmware a camera has before you get it. I'm planning on buying this online, and otherwise will have no way of knowing. I notice the SX200IS only has 1.00c and 1.00d available, and would hate to leave it to luck of the draw, since I really would like the advantage of chdk and all of it's benefits! Does color have anything to do with it?

Thanks in advanced!

Offline OldGit

Re: Foretelling a camera's firmware?
« Reply #1 on: 26 / June / 2010, 05:24:30 »
@phayes
colour has nothing to do with it, if you order on line then there is no way of foretelling what you get.

The good news for you is that the only known versions are 1.00c and 1.00d.
Also these versions both use the same CHDK code, when you load 1.00d CHDK it reports as 1.00c.
This is because only 1.00c is coded and built but a copy is then renamed as 1.00d.

So I would say you are safe to get the camera and assume it will be supported, no guarantee, but if it is a new version the port should be simple to do .

Enjoy the camera.
OldGit
SX200 IS-100C

« Reply #2 on: 26 / June / 2010, 17:48:48 »
Thanks OldGit!
Thats great information, thanks so much.
How do you like this camera?

Offline OldGit

« Reply #3 on: 27 / June / 2010, 04:58:35 »
How do you like this camera?
Not my camera, belongs to the wife , she loves it.
I hate the popup flash but other than that it is great little camera.
SX200 IS-100C