SD Card issues - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SD Card issues

• 3 Replies
SD Card issues
« on: 09 / July / 2010, 10:26:25 »
Advertisements
Hi Folks,

I just installed CHDK on my canon g11 and I've been playing around with it a bit. I did notice that after I hexedited the SD card that it was no longer readable by my Mac via my external card reader (It appears in the Disk Utility but its unmountable). CHDK seems to load properly in the camera but the card doesnt load on the mac.

Also, I partitioned the card into a partition for chdk and another for data, but I'm not sure how to "tell" the camera to save the data to this second, larger, partition. How does CHDK know to put the data on the second partition?

Thanks

Offline zeno

Re: SD Card issues
« Reply #1 on: 09 / July / 2010, 11:18:17 »
You don't need to tell the camera anything - CHDK (and SDM) use the large partition automagically. Note that only the DISKBOOT.BIN goes into the small partition, the CHDK directories (scripts, config, fonts etc) all go in the big one along with the photos.

If you're using a Mac, you might find my SDMInst app (which will also install CDHK) an easier way to deal with SD cards. See http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/clickpansdm/sdminst.html
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 09 / July / 2010, 17:14:04 »
SDMIsnt worked really well! Thanks.

My only issue left is the larger partition hasnt been usable. I have a 64MB fat 16 and 9XXMB fat32 partition and it continues to use the smaller 64 MB partition..

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 10 / July / 2010, 00:29:32 »
SDMIsnt worked really well! Thanks.

My only issue left is the larger partition hasnt been usable. I have a 64MB fat 16 and 9XXMB fat32 partition and it continues to use the smaller 64 MB partition..
If your card is only 1 G (or anything <= 4G) you don't need multi-partition. Just format the whole thing fat16.

A few CHDK ports don't properly support multi-partition, but the G11 claims to.
Don't forget what the H stands for.