Ixus 55 / SD450: First beta version of CHDK port available for 1.00B and 1.00C - page 6 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Ixus 55 / SD450: First beta version of CHDK port available for 1.00B and 1.00C

• 82 Replies

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
Advertisements
Would anybody with write-access to the CVS please update them? Thanks in advance!

Done!

Done!
Thanks ewavr, but apparently I screwed up and made matters worse :-(

One of the references I "fixed" apparently is wrong and leads to problems showing the OSD now (Please don't ask me why I haven't noticed that during the test here ... )

That was the unchecked and presumeably wrong definition before
Code: [Select]
DEF(recreview_hold, 0x739F8) // wrong, check
but somehow that seemed to work, at least I did not find any problems. After comparing the firmware with the Ixus70 I thought I found the right reference to 0x7EE0 but that is wrong.

So, could you please set recreview_hold back to its value, then?

Sorry for the confusion... :-(
- 3DBruce

Offline ewavr

• A710IS

Thanks ewavr, but apparently I screwed up and made matters worse :-(

One of the references I "fixed" apparently is wrong and leads to problems showing the OSD now (Please don't ask me why I haven't noticed that during the test here ... )

That was the unchecked and presumeably wrong definition before
Code: [Select]
DEF(recreview_hold, 0x739F8) // wrong, check
but somehow that seemed to work, at least I did not find any problems. After comparing the firmware with the Ixus70 I thought I found the right reference to 0x7EE0 but that is wrong.

So, could you please set recreview_hold back to its value, then?

But I think that this value is 0x86838 ;) Can you check it ? In record review (when image is "frozen" by SET key) this  variable =1, otherwise=0.

But I think that this value is 0x86838 ;) Can you check it ? In record review (when image is "frozen" by SET key) this  variable =1, otherwise=0.
Hi ewavr,
definitely better than 0x7EE0 because the OSD works again ;-) however the value remains to be 0 all the time: I recorded a small movie, went into play-mode again, started the replay and stopped it using the SET key again. The value didn't change.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Hi ewavr,
definitely better than 0x7EE0 because the OSD works again ;-) however the value remains to be 0 all the time: I recorded a small movie, went into play-mode again, started the replay and stopped it using the SET key again. The value didn't change.
That's not about replaying of a movie. :) You have to check just-after-shoot review mode.
CHDK Developer.

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
That's not about replaying of a movie. :) You have to check just-after-shoot review mode.

Yes. I don't know how this mode is called in manual, but Canon uses "StartRecreview", "RecreviewHold" function names.

Hi GrAnd & ewavr,
I didn't even knew this function. I live and learn every day ;-)
Good news is that this value indeed changes to one when SET key is used, so it is correct.
Could you change stubs_min.S in trunk accordingly when you have some time?
Thanks a lot!!!
- 3DBruce

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK

Yes. I don't know how this mode is called in manual, but Canon uses "StartRecreview", "RecreviewHold" function names.

Canon calls it just "Review":

CHDK Developer.

3DBruce:

I dumped my SD450 1.00D here: zSHARE - ixus55_dump_1.00d.zip

Would it be easy for you to add it to the work you're doing?  In the next few days I'll try to figure out how to add CHDK, but I'd really appreciate it if you'd like to help me out :)

EDIT: I re-uploaded it with the FF's added to make it the same size as the other dumps (3FFFFF) - I'm not even sure if it matters
« Last Edit: 04 / April / 2008, 17:40:53 by kennyb03 »

So I take it the 1.00d version isn't out yet? Came here via a post on lifehack, I am very interested in trying this out! :)