delayed motion capture - Script Writing - CHDK Forum  

delayed motion capture

• 4 Replies

Offline Tim-

• SD600/IXUS 60
delayed motion capture
« on: 15 / July / 2010, 22:39:51 »
Advertisements
Hi, this seems to be an unusual use of the motion capture scripts, but in making a DIY book scanner - www.diybookscanner.org it could eliminate the need for pressing a remote USB switch each time a page is turned if I could just delay the fast motion detection script for about a second or so after motion is detected and before the picture is taken so that it would wait until the page was turned and set to be captured.

While that doesn't sound too hard, the first problem is that the script shoot delay parameter, which I would assume would do what I want, doesn't have any effect, and the second problem is the fast mode of the fast motion detection script is the only motion detection I can get working on my camera (SD600). The slow mode doesn't work and neither does the simpler http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/Scripts:_Multipurpose_Motion_Detection
The more complex script is harder to understand and I'm not sure where I should put a delay in, or why it ignores the script shoot delay.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated by a number of people that don't have the skills to make their own remote switch.
« Last Edit: 16 / July / 2010, 10:52:25 by Tim- »

Offline zeno

Re: delayed motion capture
« Reply #1 on: 16 / July / 2010, 04:26:04 »
The script shoot delay is used just once, at the start of the script. It's designed to allow you to the camera set up and then get out of the way before the script proper starts.

If you want to delay between motion detection and taking a picture, put a "sleep n*1000" between the md_detect_motion command and the line that does the "shoot" (where 'n' is the number of seconds you want to delay for). If you make 'n' a parameter it will let you adjust the delay without editing the script.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline Tim-

• SD600/IXUS 60
« Reply #2 on: 16 / July / 2010, 10:51:16 »
Thanks. I think I can figure that out even though there are a lot of press and release "shoot_half" statements around the md_detect_motion.

Though what I've realized people would really want would be to start the delay after the end of the motion, not triggering the picture at the beginning of the motion. Any ideas on that? The problem is when you move the scanner to flip a page, you don't want to be under the gun. It would be better if the motion capture triggered after you flipped the page as you pressed the glass back down.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #3 on: 17 / July / 2010, 14:27:02 »
there's an anti motion detection script somewhere on this forum...

Offline Tim-

• SD600/IXUS 60
« Reply #4 on: 18 / July / 2010, 15:26:29 »
Excelllent! I found that script here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,1046.msg9260.html#msg9260
Now I just need to figure out how to combine the script with the fast motion detection so that it arms when motion begins, then takes the picture a set delay after motion stops and to get it to run repeatedly.