Increasing number of variables - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum  

Increasing number of variables

• 11 Replies
Increasing number of variables
« on: 13 / February / 2008, 20:24:16 »
Advertisements
Is there any plans to increase the number of user variables in any of the builds? I have some scripts I'd like to write (auto threshold for motion detect etc) but need more than 10 variables. I think one of Fingalo's old builds had a possible 52 but it doesn't seem to have been kept in recent versions.

Re: Increasing number of variables
« Reply #2 on: 13 / February / 2008, 20:48:24 »
Hey thanks! Looking at the diff file it seems the speed up of the built-in shooting for motion detection has been applied, correct?

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #3 on: 13 / February / 2008, 23:23:29 »
I built the binaries with the included patch applied last night. Just posted them. (Build 33 didn't have the MD-part, 34 has.)
All newer have 52 variables, but only 10 can be defined from menus. In public builds that is. Until now. I guess.

« Reply #4 on: 14 / February / 2008, 01:32:09 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:05:43 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #5 on: 14 / February / 2008, 02:52:37 »
Barney, I think he's saying that most builds can use 52 variables, but only 10 variables can be used with the @param directive. With this new build you can access 26 variables from the "scripting parameters" menu.

« Reply #6 on: 14 / February / 2008, 03:50:19 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:06:02 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #7 on: 14 / February / 2008, 04:55:18 »
Sometimes I'm confusing even in real life. Go figure.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #8 on: 14 / February / 2008, 07:15:09 »
by the way i included your changes also in my build, see Calculation of remaining shots with RAW - done :D .  i built against #299 and it works.

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #9 on: 14 / February / 2008, 10:12:56 »
Yep, noticed. :]

And now for something completely different: off-topic.
Did anyone notice that setting focus to hyperfocal distance is sort of broken (in other than Ixuses, I guess) since in changeset 297 due to the new implementation and SHORTCUT_SET_HYPERFOCAL being defined ERASE (in gui.c)? (This is why I first made my patch against 296.) I would like to propose

#define SHORTCUT_SET_INFINITY        KEY_UP
 #define SHORTCUT_SET_HYPERFOCAL      KEY_DOWN

for all cameras.

I don't want to go and change trunk very radically. :]
Or maybe I should just do it. And put in that SCRIPT_NUM_PARAMS 26 while I'm at it. ;)
(Hey, on-topic again!)