Missing exif data in DNG raw file - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum

Missing exif data in DNG raw file

• 14 Replies

Offline Cor

Missing exif data in DNG raw file
« on: 14 / February / 2008, 17:32:19 »
Advertisements
Hi There,

Last 2 weeks I have been busy to test this CHDK option on my canon A640 and I am very pleased with the results.

But one thing puzzels me. I am not able to get the exifdata for exposure, Fnumber and iso in the DNG raw file. From what I read this should be possible.

I use the Grands build CHDK. Convert the CRW file to DNG with dng4ps-2 (with the box "add metadata from the jpeg file" on).

Does anyone knows how this can be done?

Cor

Re: Missing exif data in DNG raw file
« Reply #1 on: 14 / February / 2008, 23:30:38 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:14:25 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline Cor

« Reply #2 on: 15 / February / 2008, 18:52:34 »
Thank you Barney for your reply.

I tried the program CHDK to exif. The result is that the iso field in the JPEG file  has been updated with a value. However, the DNG file was not updated. may be I am doing something wrong?

Your hint is a good idea. I now contacted the maker(s) of the DNF4PS-2 for an advice on this.

Offline ArtDen

• dng4ps2
« Reply #3 on: 16 / February / 2008, 01:44:04 »
Cor, I have tested A650 DNG file right now. It contains FNumber and ISO as good as many other EXIF values. How do you convert RAW files to DNG ones?

Offline ArtDen

• dng4ps2
« Reply #4 on: 16 / February / 2008, 01:47:01 »
Opps. You have A640... I don't have RAW files from it so I can't test how it works

Offline Cor

« Reply #5 on: 16 / February / 2008, 13:43:21 »
Hi Artden,

I use dng4ps-2 version 0.2.2 beta build21.
I also tried dng4ps-2 version 0.2.1 (russian text!!). With this version the exif field are filled, but with incorrect values for s. f and iso!

Are you sure your values are correct for your A650? (I use the free program "exifer"to check this.)

Offline ArtDen

• dng4ps2
« Reply #6 on: 16 / February / 2008, 15:28:03 »
Are you sure your values are correct for your A650? (I use the free program "exifer"to check this.)
Yes, I have tested it right now now another time. Are you sure you place jpeg files directly into folder with RAW ones?

Offline Cor

« Reply #7 on: 16 / February / 2008, 16:01:37 »
Yes  :(

Offline Cor

« Reply #8 on: 16 / February / 2008, 16:18:08 »
Just for your information, I want the exif data to be filled, because I use the following plug-ins:

* Neat Immage to (partially) correct the noise when the exif field for ISO is above 200 iso. Depending on the value I use an different setting.

* PT lens to correct the barrel distorsion. The values are different depending on the exif field for the zoom setting. At the widest setting the barrel distorsion is pretty bad. This is the case for most compact digital camera's.

Without these exif fields my workflow will be a much slower, as I have to sort the images first before I make the corrections per batch.

Offline ArtDen

• dng4ps2
« Reply #9 on: 17 / February / 2008, 01:55:23 »
Compress your Jpeg and RAW files  and upload into any share server. I will try to investigate