CHDK on Canon SD780 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

CHDK on Canon SD780

• 2 Replies
CHDK on Canon SD780
« on: 13 / August / 2010, 03:17:30 »
Advertisements
I've been using CHDK on my Canon Powershot A530 for a couple weeks now, and its been working fine.  So, I decided to get another, better camera to run CHDK.  So, I load CHDK on to the SDHC card, and try to manually load CHDK, but the firmware updater isn't there.  I'll assume that this is one of the cameras that doesn't support it, unless somebody tells me otherwise.  Then, I make the SDHC bootable, so it autoloads on startup, which is when I encounter a problem.  When I turn on the camera, I am in playback mode and I see the CHDK splashscreen.  However, when  I try to go back to shooting mode, by pushing the playback button, the camera shuts down.  Is this the result of using a CHDK beta version, or my stupidity?  (Yes, the SD card is locked.)

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: CHDK on Canon SD780
« Reply #1 on: 13 / August / 2010, 04:43:06 »
...but the firmware updater isn't there.
This menu item is visible when the camera was started in playback mode (lens retracted) & the file "ps.fi2" ("ps.fir" on older cameras) is placed in the card's root...

When I turn on the camera, I am in playback mode and I see the CHDK splashscreen.  However, when  I try to go back to shooting mode, by pushing the playback button, the camera shuts down.  Is this the result of using a CHDK beta version, or my stupidity?  (Yes, the SD card is locked.)
With CHDK cameras like the SD780 (cameras with a push-button for mode switching) always start in playback mode, press or half-press the shutter button once to switch to record mode.

When started with the [>] button in playback mode, pressing [>] again always powers off the camera again,
this is the usual behaviour of your camera !

...i suggest to read a bit in the camera's manual/user guide...  ;)

Re: CHDK on Canon SD780
« Reply #2 on: 13 / August / 2010, 21:07:02 »
Wow, okay, thanks.  I really suck at CHDK problem solving...