Can't Move File to SD card - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Can't Move File to SD card

• 10 Replies
Can't Move File to SD card
« on: 17 / August / 2010, 05:12:07 »
Advertisements
Hello,
I don't have a card reader and I can't move the 'ver.req' file on the card.There is 'the uploader' file link that should help me copy the file but the link doesn't work!Please HELP!  :D

Offline zeno

Re: Can't Move File to SD card
« Reply #1 on: 17 / August / 2010, 05:32:30 »
If all you want to do is find what firmware build your camera has (and maybe download the appropriate CHDK build), then use my Acid program. Just take a picture, copy it to your computer and drop it on the Acid window.

See http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/acid/acid.html
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 17 / August / 2010, 05:50:37 »
thanks,man :):):)

« Reply #3 on: 17 / August / 2010, 05:56:43 »
Ahhh |-( It says 'no firmware information in photo' |-(

Offline fvdk

• Ixus 70 1.01b / 1.02a & Powershot A590is 1.01b
    • My Flickr photo page
« Reply #4 on: 17 / August / 2010, 06:05:50 »
Hi Dave,

I just tried you Acid program but the download buttons don't work.
Any idea why?

Frans

« Reply #5 on: 17 / August / 2010, 06:09:35 »
Besides that how do I transfer the files to the camera afterwards?!Is there another 'the uploader' download link?

Offline zeno

« Reply #6 on: 17 / August / 2010, 08:51:11 »
@fvdk - the download buttons are greyed if ACID can't find a build. Since there is a build for the A590 101b, there's something going wrong in ACID. I just checked and the CHDK download site appears to be inaccessible. There was probably a brief message to that effect. Anyway, as a result of that failure, ACID will then fail to access the SDM site (which is working) and thus both buttons will be greyed. I suggest you try again later. I'll modify ACID so it properly diagnoses the problem instead of falling over unobtrusively.

@krisona - ACID will (when the CHDK site is working) download files for you. To get them onto a card is easy if you have a card reader (and you can buy one for a few dollars atmost) but very tricky otherwise (because when you connect your camera to a computer, the camera does not present itself as a disk drive to which you can copy any files.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

Offline zeno

« Reply #7 on: 17 / August / 2010, 09:44:58 »
@fvdk - ps the download site is back up - I just tried again with a photo from Flickr taken with an A590 and both buttons are now enabled.
A570, S100, Ixus 127

« Reply #8 on: 17 / August / 2010, 11:41:39 »
If you don't have a card reader how are you planning to get CHDK on there at all?

Just go out and spend a few cents/pennys (literally!) and get a reader!

Offline fvdk

• Ixus 70 1.01b / 1.02a & Powershot A590is 1.01b
    • My Flickr photo page
« Reply #9 on: 17 / August / 2010, 13:36:49 »
@fvdk - ps the download site is back up - I just tried again with a photo from Flickr taken with an A590 and both buttons are now enabled.

Hi Dave,
It does indeed work now.

Frans