A3000IS poring thread - page 7 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A3000IS poring thread

• 142 Replies

Offline TT34

• PromEnergy Group, Ltd.
Re: A3000IS poring thread
« Reply #60 on: 07 / February / 2011, 00:55:11 »
Advertisements
Thanks ERR99, I'll try it tonight and describe how it works.

Offline TT34

• PromEnergy Group, Ltd.
« Reply #61 on: 07 / February / 2011, 12:22:59 »
2ERR99: fw seems to be ok, I have no time to check it all, but in two words it starts fine,
Tv/Av works great, RAW works but not yet tested at big bro, games started, settings and other tricks works.

But, only one moment I found that is menu. Menu in ALT-mode. When I press MENU button it shows me menu of CHDK then I'm making choose and it's disappearing before I performed choosing and so on.
Exactly the same thing when trying to access the params in SHOT mode @ALT menu is disappearing.

Maybe scripts bug but I'm sure. So thanks for firwmware!

2WHIM: Someone can write down into the article about A3000 IS I described before and put the download links to it. Many pepople I think could take a good chance to make a better photos :)

Offline ERR99

« Reply #62 on: 08 / February / 2011, 05:37:26 »

But, only one moment I found that is menu. Menu in ALT-mode. When I press MENU button it shows me menu of CHDK then I'm making choose and it's disappearing before I performed choosing and so on.
Exactly the same thing when trying to access the params in SHOT mode @ALT menu is disappearing.

Sounds like the "normal" chdk update issue. Does the ALT menu reappears, if you press e.g. up, down left or right key? If so, then the problem is that the original canon firmware clears/draws the display framebuffer and clears so also the chdk drawn ALT menu (the chdk osd is only redrawn "on-change", and not permanently).

Offline TT34

• PromEnergy Group, Ltd.
« Reply #63 on: 08 / February / 2011, 11:08:15 »
2ERR99: Yep, seems like update screen problem. So the prblem is not a problem :) ok. will try other tricks later.

Offline ERR99

« Reply #64 on: 08 / February / 2011, 17:27:29 »
Okay, fine. ;)

So here we go, i finished the last changes on the A3000IS (Small color palette adaptions, support for led_set, etc.), and i think we have a release candidat now.

So 1.00b, 1.00c and 1.00d users, please test the attached A3000IS RC1 build and give feedback if this version is working stable enough (so i can release it to the trunk).

RC1 build for 1.00b cameras:

Offline ERR99

« Reply #65 on: 08 / February / 2011, 17:28:26 »
RC1 build for 1.00c cameras:

Offline ERR99

« Reply #66 on: 08 / February / 2011, 17:29:16 »
RC1 build for 1.00d cameras:

« Reply #67 on: 09 / February / 2011, 17:23:49 »
Ok, great job ERR99, thanks again.

Here are my comments and evaluation of 1.00b version.
FYI these issues mentined were actually also in previous releases, not only the latest.

1. When set to raw/dng format camera shuts off (only sometimes) when finished writing latest shot to SD memory (SDHC 8 gb, class 6), 2 partitions. To try anything, I ran a new badpixel script after installing the latest  FW release, then ok, but then it failed again 2 hours later...

2. Best raw workflow is to use internally created dng for raw. Only backside (for me only?) is that the .dng s seems totally unreadable on my Mac OS X 10.6 (snowleopard), except for Gimp (UFRaw).
I then found out that on my Mac os X 10.5 (Leopard) computer for some reason it works much better. I have the Finder previewing the dngs and even Iphoto imports them!
Must be something wrong with my SnowLeopard setup, and older Camera Raw software version incompatibility maybe?

3. Startup time of camera booting is remarkably slower than without CHDK...I guess this is a common issue to all CHDK
builds?

4. General random power issues - not only on drained battery unfortunately. Either camera wont turn on or shuts down by itself.
(happens not all the time, but typically just in the same moment you are ready for the great shot  :'(

Offline ERR99

« Reply #68 on: 10 / February / 2011, 10:34:55 »
If the cameras chrashes, please read out the romlog and post it here.

Howto read out romlog:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/LUA/Scripts:Standard/Test/Romlog
or
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Scripts/Romlog

If also have the effect that the camera sporadic shutsdown during DNG processing. I think it simply takes to much time to create the 10MPix DNG, and then the original canon firmware watchdog occurs and shutsdown the camera, because saving a "normal" picture should never take so long.

« Reply #69 on: 10 / February / 2011, 11:36:59 »
Thanks for the fine answers.
I think I managed to run the script - here is the output romlog file.
Hope you can get something out of it.