Chdk for SX130 IS ? - page 80 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Chdk for SX130 IS ?

• 1095 Replies
Re: Chdk for SX130 IS ?
« Reply #790 on: 19 / August / 2011, 14:52:11 »
Advertisements
Thank you for the kind welcome, Achillies.

I've read most of this entire SX130IS thread and I believe I understand most everything, regarding what won't change with the camera, and how new features/functions will be available.

The default new features I will get (by default, without adding additional scripts) is what I don't understand.  Will features like: zebra mode, RAW capability and live histogram be immediately available?  I realize that many more advanced features (e.g. focus bracketing) would be available, but only if I created or downloaded a script that would do that.  Is this correct?

I downloaded the archive at the top of this page (which contains the CHDK files for three different firmware versions, of which mine is "F") and extracted the contents, but there is no PS.FIR or PS.FI2 file.  As I'd like to manually load CHDK, I need at least one of those files - isn't this correct?  Any idea why the PS file isn't included in this "apparently" latest archive, which seems otherwise complete?

I'm ready to go, I think I just need the latest version with a "PS" file.  If you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.  Again, many thanks,

Mike
« Last Edit: 19 / August / 2011, 15:00:09 by Mike Lee »

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #791 on: 19 / August / 2011, 15:16:32 »
Will features like: zebra mode, RAW capability and live histogram be immediately available?  I realize that many more advanced features (e.g. focus bracketing) would be available, but only if I created or downloaded a script that would do that.  Is this correct?

Yes, all of the features of CHDK will be immediately available.  You simply need to turn them on.

With regards to which version to load, the ones on this page are new and "expermental".  They should work (and have a few additional features), but I have not tried them yet.  The "main trunk" build can be found here -> http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5691.msg70933#msg70933  The PS.FI2 file is included with those builds (but should also work with the build on this page)
« Last Edit: 19 / August / 2011, 15:20:14 by achillies »
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

« Reply #792 on: 19 / August / 2011, 15:33:56 »
Thank you very much.  I hope you can understand how I was confused about the lack of a PS file :-[

Now to try it out...

Offline reyalp

« Reply #793 on: 20 / August / 2011, 01:05:23 »
With regards to which version to load, the ones on this page are new and "expermental".  They should work (and have a few additional features), but I have not tried them yet.  The "main trunk" build can be found here -> http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5691.msg70933#msg70933  The PS.FI2 file is included with those builds (but should also work with the build on this page)
Just to be clear, the PS.FI2 is the entire CHDK binary. If you use that (by manually loading chdk through the "firm update" menu), you get whatever build the PS.FI2 was from, regardless of what other files you have on your card. It doesn't make much sense to talk about using it with another build, because it is the build.

DISKBOOT.BIN is also a complete CHDK binary, loaded if you use the autoboot method.

All the other files are just data. These are generally interchangeable between cameras and don't vary much between builds.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #794 on: 20 / August / 2011, 03:29:16 »
one more thing - is it possible to consider adding mweerdens' patch to the main svn - i dont think it interferes with any other code. essentially only two functions added to ptp interface and a function ( though that may need consideration as a parameter is added to an existing function) modified.

however if it feels fit to add to the main trunk it will go a long way in making the ptp interface complete with the live preview.

Attached is a version of the SX130IS 1.00f with my mods to mweerden's live view patch.

Also included is an updated version of his chdk_ptp_test program.

This (if it works) should be able to show the live view image as well as the OSD overlay with the correct palette.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #795 on: 20 / August / 2011, 08:47:08 »
thank you phil downloading...
although i do not use the overlay in the regular course. i am sure it can be very efficient if the camera is inaccessible ( like mine is normally )
yes shows the overlay perfectly

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #796 on: 20 / August / 2011, 10:02:18 »
although i do not use the overlay in the regular course. i am sure it can be very efficient if the camera is inaccessible ( like mine is normally )

One final test then I think this could be ready for inclusion in the main code base.

I think I've found the pointers to the active bitmap (overlay) buffer, so this version should always give the same overlay as on the camera screen. Previously I found it would sometimes be an old image on the G12 & SX30.

Also I've removed the Lua script function for returning the live view details and made it a new PTP function. This way you don't get the console flashing the 'Finished' message every time you refresh the live view on the PC.

The chdk_ptp_test version and the SX130 CHDK version attached should be used together - they aren't compatible with the previous version I uploaded.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #797 on: 20 / August / 2011, 11:40:13 »
"...the PS.FI2 is the entire CHDK binary"

Thanks for clarifying this for me.  Now I realize I don't need DISKBOOT.BIN for manual installation.

And a big thanks to Phil.

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #798 on: 21 / August / 2011, 18:26:33 »
@reyalp - Yes, thank you for pointing out what PS.FI2 actually is. I simply thought it was needed so the canon firmware knew where to look for the firmware update (which was DISKBOOT.BIN). It's good to know how things really work, and hard to figure it out sometimes.

@phil, I'm sure you will make all of this available for all of the firmware versions.  Thanks for your hard work!
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

« Reply #799 on: 22 / August / 2011, 01:45:06 »

One final test then I think this could be ready for inclusion in the main code base.

I think I've found the pointers to the active bitmap (overlay) buffer, so this version should always give the same overlay as on the camera screen. Previously I found it would sometimes be an old image on the G12 & SX30.

Also I've removed the Lua script function for returning the live view details and made it a new PTP function. This way you don't get the console flashing the 'Finished' message every time you refresh the live view on the PC.

The chdk_ptp_test version and the SX130 CHDK version attached should be used together - they aren't compatible with the previous version I uploaded.

Phil.

downloaded... and it works ok! thank you
first impression says the live view is more efficient (in terms of time taken), but cant be sure till i run it on a timer.