Chdk for SX130 IS ? - page 28 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

Chdk for SX130 IS ?

• 1095 Replies
Re: Chdk for SX130 IS ?
« Reply #270 on: 20 / February / 2011, 12:18:09 »
Advertisements
I tried to add zooming to my script from #253 (like described for A-series by GrAnd here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/Scripts:_Zoom-Video, but it crashes. Camera zooms in or out once and then crashes. So now we're not able to zoom video while script is used.

There is a walkaround: while you're using this script and want to zoom in or out you must go out from ALT MODE (press 'face detect'), then zoom and back to ALT. It's uncomfortble, but... nothing better we have.
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

Offline quid

• SX130IS
« Reply #271 on: 20 / February / 2011, 12:30:49 »
RAW files from SX130 can be opened with test builds of RawTherapee 3.0 (http://www.rawtherapee.com/releases_head/windows/).
Lens distortion on wide zoom can be easily corrected with RawTherapee without manual cropping and resizing - Transform tab -> Lens/Geometry -> Distortion

About 1500 bad pixels is normal on this camera - I had about 1400 bad pixels mapped after unboxing and 1500 bad pixels mapped after camera returned from service center - there was a nasty hot pixel pair in the center of image.
« Last Edit: 20 / February / 2011, 14:48:35 by quid »

Offline quid

• SX130IS
« Reply #272 on: 20 / February / 2011, 14:23:19 »
Changelog:
- Fixed crash in Script menu after loading script with long title
- Changed default RAW extension from CRW to CR2. Files with CR2 extension are visible through USB connection
- Corrected zoom_points value used in set_zoom script function
- Corrected led_table table used in set_led script function
- Enabled PTP support (ptpcam/ptpcamgui). UNSTABLE!

« Reply #273 on: 20 / February / 2011, 14:28:27 »
]The user manual sais, that there should be 99.99% good pixels when out of box, so since the camera has 12.1 Mpx we can calculate:

12 100 000 / 10 000 = 1 210

So 1400 or 1500 is near. My camera has 2 500 bad pixels which sounds twice worse:/
Well, it was stupid, thanks, quid;)
@quid
Thank you, I've just downloaded. So there was a bug in set_zoom in previous realases? That's why I wasn't able to improve my script...
« Last Edit: 20 / February / 2011, 14:59:33 by outslider »
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

Offline quid

• SX130IS
« Reply #274 on: 20 / February / 2011, 14:36:43 »
User manual says about LCD screen pixels - I'm sure that you have less than 8 bad pixels on LCD screen :)

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #275 on: 20 / February / 2011, 20:56:35 »
Thanks quid!
I've loaded it on two different capacity SD cards (one 4G and one 8G), and I'm REALLY happy that I can unload pictures (specifically .CR2) without taking out the SD card now!  It should save my battery/memory door quite a bit of wear.  The 8G card has two partitions, and to use CHDK autoboot I used to have to swap partitions, unlock the card, unload the pics, swap partitions back, and relock the card to get RAW files off and still autoboot.  I had previously tried manually changing the extension to .cr2, but the files on the card all got changed to a .bmp extension somehow so I stopped trying (I think it was canons transfer software, but haven't figured that one out).  I just use windows explorer now.

Does anyone know of a way to get THESE .CR2 files to show thumbnails in Windows XP?  I had successfully gotten .DNG to show thumbnails, but using .DNG would still require me to take out my SD card to unload the pictures.  OR does anyone know how to get .DNG files to show up using the USB cable?

ALSO - I have tried ptpcam (ptpcamgui) through CHDK-Shell, and it connects.. and it WORKS!!  True, it may be flakey/unstable, but at least there is functionality (and I didn't have to disable WIA to connect).  I'll test/try more ptpcamgui stuff later. 

« Last Edit: 21 / February / 2011, 00:02:34 by achillies »
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #276 on: 21 / February / 2011, 12:39:03 »
Does anyone know of a way to get THESE .CR2 files to show thumbnails in Windows XP?  I had successfully gotten .DNG to show thumbnails, but using .DNG would still require me to take out my SD card to unload the pictures.  OR does anyone know how to get .DNG files to show up using the USB cable?
Windows will never show thumbnails for CHDK raw files. They aren't in the real CR2 format, they are just a sensor dump.

You can save DNG *format* with CR2 *extension* if you like. If CR2 works over USB with this extension, then DNG will as well. The camera doesn't know the difference. Note that what is visible also depends on the prefix, e.g. CRW_NNNN.CR2 will behave differently than IMG_NNNN.CR2. The details depend on the camera.

I've seen images show up with .bmp in the windows listing before. Refreshing sometimes fixes it. It may also be caused by certain combination of prefix/extension.

The DNG extension will *NOT* be visible over USB on any modern camera. On old cameras we had a way to do this, but it doesn't work on new cameras.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #277 on: 21 / February / 2011, 14:19:23 »
Thanks reyalp.

I guess the best "process" for me would be to save DNG format with .CR2 extension, transfer/delete the now visible files from the camera to the computer, and then batch rename all of the .CR2 extensions back to .DNG (easily done, and already tried).  I'll play with the prefix-suffix stuff more too.  Maybe there's a magic combination.

Thanks again for your quick response.  BTW.. Using ptpcamgui, I COULD transfer ALL files including those with a .DNG extension to my computer.  But I couldn't delete them that way.. If only ptpcamgui had a "Download and Delete" button in the DCIM Download section, I'd be all set.  ;)  (or a "Delete after Transfer" check box right below rotate JPGs)
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #278 on: 21 / February / 2011, 17:19:02 »
Thanks again for your quick response.  BTW.. Using ptpcamgui, I COULD transfer ALL files including those with a .DNG extension to my computer.  But I couldn't delete them that way.. If only ptpcamgui had a "Download and Delete" button in the DCIM Download section, I'd be all set.  ;)  (or a "Delete after Transfer" check box right below rotate JPGs)
This should be something the ptpcamgui authors can add fairly easily.

One more quirk of USB transfer: the canon firmware will probably not see raw files if you shoot and then plug in the camera without rebooting it.

Here is my old post on file prefix and extensions http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=2045.msg18862#msg18862 but be warned this was done on an old vxworks camera, the rule may be different on newer ones. I should re-do this using the D10, but it was tedious ;)

Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #279 on: 21 / February / 2011, 17:59:43 »
@achillies
Try the well known tweak for for displaying .DNG thumbnails described at this page, replacing .dng with .cr2
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/992-displaying-dng-thumbnails-windows-xp.html

It worked for me. XP here.