Chdk for SX130 IS ? - page 30 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

Chdk for SX130 IS ?

• 1094 Replies
Re: Chdk for SX130 IS ?
« Reply #290 on: 24 / February / 2011, 08:16:50 »
Advertisements
Small problem:
I use a 8GB SD-Card with two partitions on my SX 130 with newest release of CHDK and autostart -function (#272)
When i start Camera in playback-mode my Camera works for a few seconds (green light on backside of Camera flashes a few times) and then Camera shut down. (Monitor shows nothing at this time. Batteries are full.)
When i start Camera again in the same way then Camera works fine.
Now i need a solution for this problem because i got a problem with my wife because of this... ;-)

this look same problem as this.its timing relate and depend what image/Video is on your SD card and how fast it is

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4348.msg60115#msg60115
Ixus 1000 HS

Offline Anton

« Reply #291 on: 24 / February / 2011, 13:01:33 »
@CHDKSerbianFan
Normally I'm lucky in my wife's interesting in Photography.
She takes pictures in an different way (not even better / worse) then mine....

@Bernd R
It's a empty / low filled  (jpg+DNG/ no Video) Transcend / Class 10 / 8GB Card
I'v tested it. Writing speed is about 12MB/s

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #292 on: 27 / February / 2011, 12:06:15 »
Does anyone know if it's possible to build a USB cable that will allow video output while connected via PTPcam?  Or if CHDK would even support/allow this?   I've been looking and can't find any information at all.
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

« Reply #293 on: 27 / February / 2011, 15:57:41 »
Does anyone know if it's possible to build a USB cable that will allow video output while connected via PTPcam?  Or if CHDK would even support/allow this?   I've been looking and can't find any information at all.

See my post here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6140.msg62002#msg62002

I have no idea if it will work when you are  communicating over USB.

David
« Last Edit: 27 / February / 2011, 15:59:55 by Microfunguy »

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #294 on: 27 / February / 2011, 19:28:58 »
@microfunguy - Thank you for the information.. I followed your post and looked at those pinouts, and also the cables that come with this specific camera (the SX130is).  I will be building this cable soon, and will attatch all schematics if/when it works.  The following is just for information:  The USB cable is a standard USB 2.0 A male to Micro-USB B Male (it uses the "top"  5 pins in a row, 1=+5v (red), 2=Data-(white), 3=Data+(green), X=identifier, 4=GND (black). I didn't disasssemble the cable, but the camera (and CHDK) works with other standard cables, so I'm pretty sure the X pin isn't used for anything.  The Video cable is NOT an HDMI cable.  It is a special USB to RCA Video and Audio.  There isn't really "data" coming out of those pins.. just analog video and audio signals. It uses the "bottom" half of the USB connector for this, and has no pins for the "top" half (so - I THINK - as far as the computer can see the camera is only connected to it.).  I will be trying to find an "enhanced mini-USB" cable of any kind so I can re-wire it.  here is the pinout for that one. http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-A-N/emu_connector_pinout.shtml    Notice pins 7-11 correspond to pins 1-4 on a standard mini USB cable, so I would only have to connect pins 1-6 to the video/audio RCA cables.  If I can find one of these cables, I'll let you know if it works in a few days.

Here is the pinout for the cable/connector I will build.
New connector
Looking at male plug (the part that plugs into the camera)
\ 5   4   3   2   1 /  <--same as typical mini-USB
  \11 10 9 8 7 6/    <-- new pins we need for SX130is Video

New Pin
Number   Video-USB Cable Function
11   GRND (vid/aud -)
10   Composite Video +
9   Left (white) Audio +
8   Right (red) Audio +
7   N/C
6   GRND (vid/aud -) Video out enable?
5   GND (Voltage -)
4   N/C
3   USB DATA +
2   USB DATA -
1   +5v
I also found another link to this info  -> http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunehaven/4094250604/#
EDIT - Everything I did here was already done by someone else at an earlier date.  The good thing is that I accidentally confirmed everything they said!
« Last Edit: 01 / March / 2011, 00:41:10 by achillies »
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

« Reply #295 on: 01 / March / 2011, 01:49:50 »
@Quid, Or anyone who can answer me? I have seriously read every post from page 6 til... I have the CHDK installed with latest patch included... My Only question is am I going to need every patch that was created for CHDK? Or does the latest patch include the fixes for all said problems 6-20? I ask cause as you have heard a hundred times before... "Battery Life"

« Reply #296 on: 01 / March / 2011, 03:57:05 »
@AngHellic

Quid said before (to me - I didn't know that before;p) that "patch" files are only needed for compiling the source code. You don't need to even use this file, if you just need load CHDK without compiling it.

If you like to just use newest CHDK - just unzip the lastest (#272 post) file named "sx130is-101c-0.9.9-1066-mem-full.zip". I believe, that this file has all functionalities of CHDK, that are now aviable for SX130.

And note - I'm newbie, I might be wrong;p
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

Offline quid

• SX130IS
« Reply #297 on: 01 / March / 2011, 14:11:43 »
Yes, you need only latest full package (currently from reply #272). Patch files are for CHDK developers.

« Reply #298 on: 01 / March / 2011, 15:39:34 »
Hello,

Using the latest version (from #272) it still appears that custom auto ISO is not working. I expect the camera to increase ISO up to the set maximum in order to maintain shutter speed threshold in dim or moderate lighting, but the camera uses a lower shutter speed without increasing ISO as high as it could, similar (or perhaps identical) to the default firmware behavior. Can anyone verify this? Is custom auto ISO broken on the SX130?

« Reply #299 on: 01 / March / 2011, 19:58:16 »
Hi, I just got this camera and this is my first time using CHDK.  I got the build from post 272 and have it running.  I've accidentally gotten into ALT mode twice, but I can't figure out how I did it.  Which button is the ALT button, because I think I've pressed every combination on this thing, haha :) . I would be happy just to successfully take a RAW picture and be able to view it on my pc.  Any help would be appreciated, and my camera is available for testing as this effort continues.  Looks like you all have made great progress so far.