Chdk for SX130 IS ? - page 31 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Chdk for SX130 IS ?

• 1095 Replies

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
Re: Chdk for SX130 IS ?
« Reply #300 on: 02 / March / 2011, 00:47:41 »
Advertisements
Ok Everyone, I successfully created a video/USB cable that works with this camera (and probably a bunch of others too!!)  I can use PTPCamgui to control my camera while watching the camera display on my TV!  Now all I need is some wireless stuff and I can put my camera up in a tree!  THIS IS AWESOME!!!  I'll post pics and instructions somewhere tomorrow.  I'm not sure if this forum is the place for that stuff.
EDIT - you can find instructions and pictures for my USB splitter here --> http://www.achillies.com/CHDK_Files/USB_Splitter.htm It may be a little too descriptive, but it should work!

@spencerdupre - the alt button on this camera is the "Face Mode Detect" button.  Press that first, (alt will appear) and then press Menu and you'll see the CHDK menu.  If you investigate the menus, you'll figure out how to enable RAW (the preferred RAW settings to transfer and view RAW files is .CR2 extension, DNG format) .If you read back through this forum, you will find more information on how to see RAW pics on your PC.  Good Luck, and Have Fun!
« Last Edit: 02 / March / 2011, 09:37:43 by achillies »
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

« Reply #301 on: 02 / March / 2011, 11:57:09 »
Ok Everyone, I successfully created a video/USB cable that works with this camera (and probably a bunch of others too!!)

On behalf of everyone who is a part of this community, I would just like to say Thanks! I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from your work.

It is great to see so much great stuff come from this community, everyones efforts are appreciated. Keep up the great work everyone!

And a personal thanks from me!!  :D

« Reply #302 on: 02 / March / 2011, 13:23:55 »
@achillies Thanks a lot, that was all I needed :)  And congrats on your success, that sounds pretty awesome.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #303 on: 03 / March / 2011, 17:33:58 »
The source code of the SX130 based on this patch file was inserted to the trunk of CHDK-DE. Thx for the great porting job!

There is also available a autobuild version. In this version German is the default menu language. For English delete the language file german.lng in CHDK/LANG.

Regards
msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #304 on: 03 / March / 2011, 18:51:33 »
That is good news!  And yes.. Many Thanks to quid and everyone else that have helped make this camera MUCH better!

@msl - This may be a stupid question, but reading the trunk page for build 590 it says "optical zoom in video mode not possible".  I used build 591 to compile my CHDK (because it was current when I ran CHDK-Shell) and I can use optical zoom in video mode.  Am I missing something?   

BTW, it was really cool to be able to use CHDK-Shell and switch to the German trunks so easily.  You guys really did a nice job!  (and I love PTPCamGUI!  It's really got possibilities.)

Also, I was assuming that the CHDK-DE and CHDK trunks would perform and look the same, and that simply using this German version wouldn't change anything, but the battery indicator is colored in the german version! You guys are fancy!  What ELSE am I missing?  :-[
« Last Edit: 03 / March / 2011, 19:15:50 by achillies »
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #305 on: 04 / March / 2011, 03:57:46 »
but reading the trunk page for build 590 it says "optical zoom in video mode not possible".  I used build 591 to compile my CHDK (because it was current when I ran CHDK-Shell) and I can use optical zoom in video mode.  Am I missing something?
Sorry, this was a misunderstanding. The SX130 has a native optical zoom in video mode. Because of that the CHDK video zoom mode is not in use.

CHDK-DE has a collection of advanced script comands., a new DOF calculator, an OSD indicator for USB state, native calls by default, included revision number - see splash screen or version info (only autobuild version), optimized motion detection, script start via remote control and much more.

Nice that you like the ptpCamGui.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #306 on: 06 / March / 2011, 13:06:49 »
Hi,
There is also available a autobuild version. In this version German is the default menu language. For English delete the language file german.lng in CHDK/LANG.

Regards
msl
downloaded and installed this autobuild - working great so far!
Thanks to all the people making this possible.

Noticed one funny thing:
When the Zoom level display is set to 'EFL', somewhere around 210mm it switches to negative numbers and counts down again, stopping at around -93mm when the maximum of 12x (optical) is reached.
Once you get into digital zoom range the number doesn't change at all.
Regards,

S. Elste

« Reply #307 on: 07 / March / 2011, 22:15:45 »
Please, I need some help.
My firmware is GM1.01C
This is last ? or have to upgrade to use CDHK?
I tried installing the CDHK but could not open the option of upgrading firmware on the menu.
My SD card have 4GB, FAT32.
Please someone help me with this?
SX40HS

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #308 on: 08 / March / 2011, 01:06:07 »
Hello & welcome, joaosx !

My firmware is GM1.01C
This is last ? or have to upgrade to use CDHK?
Note - CHDK is not a firmware, just a software addon...

I tried installing the CDHK but could not open the option of upgrading firmware on the menu.
Expand the CHDK zip package from the download server to the root folder of your SD card, then power on your camera in playback mode using the [>] button - now enter the Canon menu & scroll down...

« Reply #309 on: 08 / March / 2011, 08:12:54 »
Expand the CHDK zip package from the download server to the root folder of your SD card, then power on your camera in playback mode using the [>] button - now enter the Canon menu & scroll down...

I did, thank you.

But I could not save the process and makes it automatic, I have to do it manually every time I turn on the camera.
SX40HS