• 1095 Replies

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Chdk for SX130 IS ?
« Reply #680 on: 13 / July / 2011, 01:07:21 »
Advertisements
Hello & welcome, alex_avr !

Added the SX 130 1.01F dump provided by alex_avr from  this post to the box.net/chdk repository.

Offline philmoz

• Photos
« Reply #681 on: 13 / July / 2011, 05:09:42 »

Hello guys!
I just bought SX130 and suddenly it has firmware version GM1.01F (build 13 Apr).
CHDK builds for GM1.01C and GM1.01D firmwares don't work, as expected.

So I read some threads and instructions and made a GM1.01F firmware dump.
It can be downloaded here:
http://tmp.avr.net.ru/PRIMARY.BIN

I hope that porting CHDK for GM1.01F firmware would be not more difficult than it
was for GM1.01D.

And thank you for all that stuff, that you are doing!

Try this version.
File differences between 1.00d and 1.00f firmware aren't great - hopefully I've found all the needed changes :)

CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

« Reply #682 on: 13 / July / 2011, 05:21:30 »
Try this version.
File differences between 1.00d and 1.00f firmware aren't great - hopefully I've found all the needed changes :)

It works!

Thank you very much!
Now I'll be able to take some nice shots in an upcoming trip to Ukraine.
Spasibo :)

UPD: I tested base functions today, so far no bugs detected :)
« Last Edit: 13 / July / 2011, 11:34:11 by alex_avr »

« Reply #683 on: 13 / July / 2011, 06:27:26 »
hey.. is there any way to access the raw files without removing the memory card and using a card reader,??? can it be copied to pc using the data cable??

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #684 on: 13 / July / 2011, 13:33:27 »
hey.. is there any way to access the raw files without removing the memory card and using a card reader,??? can it be copied to pc using the data cable??

Yes there is.  If you enable "Raw file in dir with jpeg", you can use ptpcamgui.  see here -> http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5691.msg62034#msg62034

You can easily get and use ptpcamgui by loading "CHDK-Shell".  ->http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK-Shell
« Last Edit: 13 / July / 2011, 13:36:41 by achillies »
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

« Reply #685 on: 13 / July / 2011, 16:57:29 »
(clipped)
and i have an important, but slightly offtopic question: is anybody have a dust inside the lens? this looks like a big problem for me.  :( is anyone open this cam and lens? how i clean this by myself? it is a gurantee case?  :blink:

As far as I know, I am the only person who has taken an SX130 apart.  My short response is: don't even  think about taking the camera apart to clean it.  My guess is that you would spend several hours in the attempt, and the camera might not work in the end.  I only took my camera apart to convert it to near infrared, so I didn't need to take the lens itself apart.  The lens isn't built like an SLR lens where the front element is usually pretty easy to remove.

To get the lens assembly out, you have to basically disassemble the rest of the camera around it.  The lens assembly itself will definitely require unsoldering some ribbon cables to get it apart.  I would imagine that most of the lens is actually glued together so that it couldn't really be taken apart anyway.  The pieces are too small for screws to be practical.  The camera is cheap enough that I am sure Canon never intends to take the lens apart for service.  I would also guess that the lens is mostly put together by machine.  Considering the number of parts that have to be in the small lens assembly, it would probably just fall apart into a heap of tiny pieces that a human wouldn't have any chance of putting back together if it was opened.

I have some dust inside the lens of my camera as well.  It manages to get behind the front element, so it isn't easy to clean.  I haven't noticed any effects in the images yet.  I did notice that while trying to blow dust off of the lens in the past, sometimes the dust behind the front element will move around.  It might be possible to just blow air around the edges of the front element and dust the lens out that way.  I haven't tried it, so I don't know how effective it would be.  It is always possible that the dust might move somewhere where it causes more trouble, like onto the sensor itself or into the mechanics.

« Reply #686 on: 13 / July / 2011, 23:17:09 »
and i have an important, but slightly offtopic question: is anybody have a dust inside the lens? this looks like a big problem for me.  :( is anyone open this cam and lens? how i clean this by myself? it is a gurantee case?  :blink:
The camera is cheap enough that I am sure Canon never intends to take the lens apart for service.  I would also guess that the lens is mostly put together by machine.  Considering the number of parts that have to be in the small lens assembly, it would probably just fall apart into a heap of tiny pieces that a human wouldn't have any chance of putting back together if it was opened.

Hi there, I'm new to participate in this forum but I've been using CHDK for the SX130IS for a while now.
I had the same problem (dust behind the front lens element) since I bought the camera in January, so I gave the camera to the Canon service centre (in Mumbai) two months ago. They returned the camera dust free, but without replacing the lens assembly. The screws on the body were also slightly scratched and worn, suggesting that the camera was taken apart. I've used the camera a lot since then, without any further dust problems.

So it is probably possible to dissect the lens assembly for cleanup, although I'm sure the service centre would do a much better job than a DIYer.

BTW, googling SX130 and dust behind the front lens assembly gives quite a few results about faulty dust filters in the zoom mechanism.
« Last Edit: 13 / July / 2011, 23:19:28 by Ninad »

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #687 on: 14 / July / 2011, 09:37:30 »
@jfanning - What did you replace the IR filter with? And was is a "complete" success? While you had it open, how accessible were things like the USB connector and power button? (edit - I found your previous post describing the process)

I have some dust in my lens as well, and I suppose taking it in for service (while still on warranty) would be my best bet.
« Last Edit: 14 / July / 2011, 14:44:35 by achillies »
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

« Reply #688 on: 14 / July / 2011, 17:43:28 »
Does the Canon clean your lens for free? As a varranty service? Or you had to pay?
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

« Reply #689 on: 14 / July / 2011, 21:59:25 »
Does the Canon clean your lens for free? As a varranty service? Or you had to pay?
It was for free since it was within warranty.
« Last Edit: 14 / July / 2011, 22:03:38 by Ninad »