IXUS 105 / SD1300 IS porting thread

• 755 Replies

Offline sh1981

• Publish
    Re: IXUS 105 / SD1300 IS porting thread
    « Reply #580 on: 08 / September / 2011, 12:53:27 »
    Advertisements
    You mean by Constant Exposure Mode, the Long Shutter Mode?

No, the option in Bracketing\Overrides menu.

Okay, it helped a little. Really wish there was a way to set the aperture though

Do you mean you wish there was a way to set the aperture in the sense as in make open it to the full, or to reduce it?

Its impossible for any aperture, or anything for that matter, to open up more than it physically can. By default it is open to max no matter what you do on IXUS 105.

So I'm guessing you want to reduce the aperture. You can simulate the effect with ND filter.

Do a little experiment. Set your camera Tv (shutter speed) to 1/6, and then, if you have a ceiling fan (kind of like what I posted a photo of a few posts back), turn the fan on full, and take a photo. It will have motion blur right?

Now, turn the flash on, let the Tv remain at 1/6, set the ISO to lowest i.e 80 which is bound to create even more motion blur, and take a photo. You would be surprised that the photo will be crisp.

In above example, without a flash you would need a real big aperture to be able to crank Tv upto 1/1000 in low light conditions to be able to freeze a fan, however if you dont have a big aperture, you can get relatively good results with a flash.

The point I was trying to make was, not having an aperture is not really a disadvantage, it can be fairly controlled using other methods. Even DOF, which is mostly thought to be an issue with this camera can be simulated using focus stacking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_stacking)
    « Last Edit: 08 / September / 2011, 12:59:43 by sh1981 »
    A proud owner of Canon IXUS 105

• Publish
    « Reply #581 on: 31 / October / 2011, 12:23:48 »
    Hi everyone!

I'm an absolute beginner with CHDK. I've bought my Sd1300 for about a year and has always wanted to increase its flexibilities. Can anyone tell me what has been working and what has not? How do I install it and if there's any risk of doing so? Thank you!

• Publish
    « Reply #582 on: 31 / October / 2011, 13:49:54 »
    http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SD1300IS
    (You can find some test versions on the porting thread below)

Where can I find and download a test version of CHDK for Canon IXUS 105 (Firmware Ver GM1.00D (1.0.0.0))?

Only SDM as a variant (i.e. is not present simply CHDK without SDM)?

P.S. The SDM contains not all functions which I know in CHDK. Though probably the IXUS 105 have a little functionality.
    « Last Edit: 04 / November / 2011, 15:41:59 by bazhuryan »
    P.S. Russian is my native language.

• Publish
    « Reply #583 on: 26 / December / 2011, 23:08:25 »
    I have read through quite a bit of this thread, but I'm scratching my head a little..
    I just got a SC1300 IS for Christmas and I am wanting the ability to shoot in RAW since I will be using this camera primarily for underwater photography. I don't want to fork up 6k for a 5dmkII and an ikelike case at the moment and I don't want to invest in a case for my 40d. This will have to hold me over..

I have already loaded the camera with SDM 1.85 and it seems to work fine in shooting in RAW, but I am having some difficulty opening the CRW file. I have the latest camera RAW installed for Photoshop CS4. I am able to open CR2 files from my 40d just fine. Is there a trick to this?
    Thanks,
    Jake

• Publish
    « Reply #584 on: 26 / December / 2011, 23:20:09 »
    I have already loaded the camera with SDM 1.85 and it seems to work fine in shooting in RAW, but I am having some difficulty opening the CRW file. I have the latest camera RAW installed for Photoshop CS4. I am able to open CR2 files from my 40d just fine. Is there a trick to this?
    This post might help : http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5691.msg78315#msg78315

• Publish
    « Reply #585 on: 26 / December / 2011, 23:58:12 »
    Doesn't these builds use SDM RAW routines? In that case, it would look more like this: http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/dng.htm
    Or at least, I could not figure out any of the solutions listed on the CHDK wiki, so my raw files workflow involves swap_bytes, header concatenation, and importing the EXIF data from the corresponding JPG using exiftool.

• Publish
    « Reply #586 on: 27 / December / 2011, 00:55:30 »
    This post might help : http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5691.msg78315#msg78315

Thanks for your reply. I will have to do some more research on this topic it looks like. Has anyone been able to open a RAW image from this camera?

• Publish
    « Reply #587 on: 27 / December / 2011, 09:27:32 »
    Doesn't these builds use SDM RAW routines? In that case, it would look more like this: http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/dng.htm
    Or at least, I could not figure out any of the solutions listed on the CHDK wiki, so my raw files workflow involves swap_bytes, header concatenation, and importing the EXIF data from the corresponding JPG using exiftool.
    SDM was forked from CHDK many years ago.  I am not familiar with the workflows in SDM but would not be surprised to find they are similiar but different.  Perhaps microfunguy (the SDM maintainer) can comment ?

• Publish
    « Reply #588 on: 27 / December / 2011, 09:31:06 »
    Thanks for your reply. I will have to do some more research on this topic it looks like. Has anyone been able to open a RAW image from this camera?
    As this camera was never really ported to CHDK (although I seem to recall working with microfunguy to get basic CHDK functionality working so that he could do the SDM port about a year ago),  you might be better off asking that question in the < SDM forum on Yahoo Groups >.

• Publish
    « Reply #589 on: 27 / December / 2011, 17:27:22 »
    so I take it the answer is no.. at least for everyone in here...